General - page 1828

Hey guys I'm just testing the RSS aggregator script for vBulletin. The news is posted to forum whenever it comes out. If it works well, i'm gonna keep it for sometime. Gaz suggested to put related news in one thread. E.g. News about countries in Europe goes to Europe News thread. What do you think?
Hello everybody, This is my first post in this forum. I just purchased MT for palm , I have a treo 600, and I can make it work.It gets a timeout , net 1212 error. I talked a few times with a tech from this site and he said to check servers IP. By default when I installed the software it came up...
  PlaySound  (2)
Hello all, I'm trying to play a sound using PlaySound("Res_GBP_USD.wav"); and is not working. I have placed the Res_GBP_USD.wav file in Interbank FX Trader 4\sounds folder and is not working. Do I need to do anything else? Thanks Kam
  MT4 Brokers  (2)
Hi everyone, from your experience, and from all the brokers that use MT4 platform, which one would you advise? thanks
Hi all, i'd like to show my account details (current trades, closed trades, active balance and so on) to other users through external connection. Is there a way with mt4 or some other external tool to show these details in real-time acting like a server where they can connect and see account...
I have a VERY IMPORTANT question. I have no computer language skills or experience whatsoever but I am passionate about utilizing the awesome platform that METAQUOTES provides via the Pivot Point Strategy on the Forex Market. I would like to create an Expert Advisor for the CCI, RVI, RSI, & ADX...
  DLL output.  (1)
Hello, I'm trying to program a simple DLL and call it from MT4. My question is, where does printf(...) statement from DLL is output? Is there some kind of terminal or it just disapears?
  Elevation EA  (4)
ok, this is one of my EAs, with good modeling quality, but need some improvement to make it profitable. for a while, based only on stochastic , but need one filter. im programming it for 1H charts, but is possible make it to work on 4H charts. any suggestions are welcome! updated 28/09/2006 removed
  ATR indicator  (3)
Hello all Is any one has an indicator can give audible alert at certain ATR? Thanks for help
  Mouteki systems  (131   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
Hello im searching for mouteki indicator here but couldnt find it anyone could help me with this one please, Thank you. Ricx
hello dose anyone know indicator like b-clock' but to located above or close to the bar? thanks
Hello Fellow traders! I would like to invite 10 traders to join me in a new test market rebate program offer through one of the largest brokers in the US. A few of their strong points include: # Metatrader 4 # 2-pip spread on EUR/USD and USD/JPY # 3-pip spread on GBP/USD and USD/CHF # consistent...
Is it possible to change multiple charts, you have set up in MT4, in one action, rather than chnage each chart individually. If I have 4 charts on 30 mins I would like to chnage them quickly to say 5 mins without doing each one seperately.
I have had lots of problems with the backtesting in Metatrader and I have asked around. It seems that everyone in the community is having the same reliability problem; hence, Metaquotes needs to address this issue. For instance I only trade the Euro and have designed 6 EAs using 6 different trading...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the article "Equipment Test Report" has been published (http://championship.mql4.com/2006/news/30/). It summarizes the tests of blade server, uninterruptible power supply, and net equipment. Stanislav Starikov, the Member of the Automated...
Has anyone ever made FFT for MT4 or know if it is available? I Think it would be nice to have that to get more accurate periods for other indicator inputs.
Hi, I just wanted to ask if there is any possible way I can prepopulate the stop loss and target when I try to enter a new instant order. I would like it to be set already like 10 pips away from entry in both direction. Also, when my metatrader upgraded, now everytime i turn it back on, it does not...
I trade with an EA. Tonight my trades are hitting their targets, but not closing. A couple have actually gone passed the target and not closed. My broker says it might be due to an API upgrade that MetaQuotes did this weekend. Is that possible and what is the fix for this?
Is it possible to turn off logging? I tested one script and I had a 27gb big log file? Thx Dejan
i was wondering if one of you guys could make it so the indicator would alert me if i have levels set when touched. man i am horrible at discribing what i need. if i set a level and the i-trend line touches it it would give me a pop-up. i hope someone here can help. much appreciated.( i hope i...
I searched by using word like "cycle" but could not find simillar problem so let me post as new topic. Does anyone know to draw (a) indicator(s) that has same cycle. The thing I want to achieve is the following. (the level of line is say at the bottom of the chart) Draw a 1hour length parallel to...
Does anyone know how to draw an indicator to future? I tried to fill array as follows but buf0[negative value] but it doesn't work. If anyone could help me, that will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kaz
This post is visible to all admins and super mods only. amarnath is going to help leading as well as moderating selected forums that he's good at. He seems to be passionate about it. Cheers!
  Metatrader 4  (1)
So far, Metatrader seems to be a pretty awesome platform. The backtesting seems reliable as I can match it to the backtesting of my own software. It also appears to match live trading. The scripting language is wonderful. I've been able to reproduce my own software which took 6 months to develop in...
  Need an indicator made  (12   1 2)
I have been backtesting a system that has given some very nice results. It is very simple and an indicator could be made to apply signals directly to the chart. I would appreciate if someone could make this, it is very simple and wouldn't take much time. Here are the rules... You need to overlay a...
In the championship, one server has many EAs in it. If different EAs happen to have the exactly same name global variables. Doesn't one EA interfere with another EA with the same global variable? Global variables of the client terminal are accessible simultaneously from all MQL4 programs...
Could anyone code an ea for me that very simply closes any open trade on the chart when the next zigzag pointer appears? Very simple action. Arrow appears and the open trade is immediately closed. No need to open any new trades. Thank you in advance for your help. Rico
The latest change to the comment column in the trading history tab of terminal, to show the comment instead of "complete", is good, but what is really needed is two colums, one for the comment, and one for the status complete/cancelled. A separate status column would allow me to see the comments...
  Error 130 - invalid stop. Why?  (74   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
I'm writing/testing an EA that returns error 130 on every attempt to buy or sell. I actually copied the entire buy/sell logic from another EA that works perfectly and am using zero (0) in the stop loss parameter just as the working EA does. Can there be another reason for this? I'm stumped... Thanks...