General - page 1049

Comments that do not relate to the "Prophet VTL Expert Advisor for Vertex FX", have been moved into this topic.
I want to open a BUYSTOP when a new buy trade is opened and a SELLSTOP when a new sell trade is opened I tried like this but it keeps opening buy trades over and over even when it sees the old buy trade double trigger_price = Ask; //-- Modify this variable to your prefered method of detecting new...
The British pound has fallen back from its best levels against the euro and dollar since May - but where will the pound trade following the release of results on Thursday night? The pound to euro exchange rate is today at 1.2990The euro to pound exchange rate is today at 0.7699The pound to dollar...
Hello guys, I am new at this, Can you help me? Which one is better to set- stop loss or take profit and why? 
S&P 500 Long-Term Technical Analysis: bullish breakout near 100/200 SMA ranging area Weekly price is on bullish breakout started in the middle of February this year: the price broke 100 period SMA to above from the ranging bullish to the primary bullish market condition with ascending triangle...
  Trading signals  (1)
Hey, I want to know, now I have about 500USD in my account, I want to increase the profits, I would take higher risk to do that, is there a way to do that because now the system will automatic downscale my lots as I have less balance than the signals provider , is there a way to copy their
EURUSD: Although EURUSD closed higher on recovery on Wednesday and followed through higher during early Thursday trading, it faces downside risk below its declining trendline. Support lies at the 1.1250 level. Further down, support comes in at the 1.1200 level where a violation will aim at the 1...
The expectation is a relatively important criteria in defining the profile of an investor.  For example a 180-month investment plan, consider 27 months below the watermark acceptable, as it is only 15% for 15 years.   In this equation the tolerance criteria is 1% per year. 
The Chicago Mercantile Exchange Group has doubled the special price fluctuation limits for all currency futures and options for the Brexit vote. Has also announced regular trading hour special price fluctuation limits in all interest-rate futures (this will allow for bigger price swings than are...
FX traders this week have fretted that the price action in currency markets in the wake of Thursday's UK Referendum will resemble that seen in January 2015, when the Swiss National Bank roiled markets by removing the Chf1.2000 floor in the euro-Swiss cross. Liquidity disappeared in a nanosecond that...
Polls will be open from 8am-11pm CEST (7am to 10pm BST) on Thursday, 23 June. It is illegal to publish any opinion/exit polls during the day as long as polls are open for people to vote. Exit polls are allowed to be published as soon as the polling stations are closed. YouGov and Sky News have...
Brexit polls schedule for Wednesday, the first one is due imminently ComRes was supposed to released a poll Tuesday but it was pushed back to today. Other polls scheduled for release include YouGov, TNS and Opinium. First up, is Opinium, which the great guys over at LiveSquawk report will be out at
I want to open a buy trade if on a new bar current price is higher than open price and a sell if the opposite happens this is my code my new candle code works but i get order error 130 trying to check and open trade void checkBar(){   slip = slippage*pips;...
What is the most important thing for you in trading and trading apart from money? Maybe the feeling of beating the market? The feeling of beating yourself? New emotions or something else
The UK Post Office is reporting a surge to sell the pound 22 June post office branch and online currency sales up 49% yy on Tuesday and up 381% online+74% yy since last week-endIt's cash and therefore not so significant volume-wise but it's also a sentiment indicator toward Leave, or at least...
Hi, I'm a complete newbie to mql and wanted to know if its possible to write some code that will allow me to compare the Closing Price of two or more assets and write the result to a csv file. So for example i want to compare the Closing Price of DAX against EUROSTOXX, BUND, BOBL, GOLD, Copper....
Hi, i have a problem with time scale on mt5, while price scale is precise when i move the mouse, the time scale just have custom distances, is should be smooth like the price scale. There is a way to make time scale more precise? Thanks
  Brexit  (3)
What's your prediction for the UK's EU Referendum vote?
  MQL4 bug  (7)
// NormalizeDouble function returns negative value if argument is big double number! int OnInit() { double var=DBL_MAX, var1=NormalizeDouble(var,2); Print("var=",var," var1=",var1); ExpertRemove(); return(INIT_SUCCEEDED); } //returns var=1.797693134862316e+308 var1=-9...
With the Brexit referendum result looming which currencies may move the most against the pound? 22 June 2016. There's been lots of justifiable/considered talk recently, as well as hype, about the impact of the result impacting on the pound in serious fashion. I can't tell you the outcome of the...
I have an EA that sends trade information to database when trade closes, it sends open and close data to one row I want to send open data when trade opens and close data when they close to the same 1 row, so leave some column empty after sending open and fill it after trades close the code is...
Yes, definetely. That is too much commission for them. No, it's fair. They deserve it I don't care
  Leverage  (3)
Can you help me out, I'm new at this, What is the main disadvantages of the leverage? 
  metratrader 4  (2)
Hi, Can someone help me with some problems that I am having! I downloaded the metatrader 4 platform platform and I cannot log in or connect to the demo trading account. I started creating a demo account with the Phillipcapital demo account, only because thats the only one that shows up, but it only...
6 Reasons EUR/USD won't collapse on Brexit: 1. Brexit will likely rule out a July Fed rate hike. US yields will drop. On the flipside, we are already pricing 15bps of depo cuts from the ECB and are unlikely to price more - Draghi has suggested that aggressive rate cuts are unlikely. 2. The euro...
The Independent report a 52 year old man was arrested for punching an elderly remain campaigner in Carlisle As if the some of the country hasn't stooped low enough already Story here
GBPJPY: The cross closed higher on Monday and was seen following through higher as at the time of this analysis. On the downside, support comes in at the 154.00 level where a violation will aim at the 153.00 level. A break below here will target the 152.00 level followed by the 151.00 level....
GOLD:  The commodity continues to retain its upside pressure leaving risk higher in the days ahead. On the downside, support comes in at the 1,280.00 level where a break will turn attention to the 1,270.00 level. Further down, a cut through here will open the door for a move lower towards the 1,260...
I don't know where I went wrong creating a custom indicator, but the function GetData always return null (value 1.797693134862316e+308). Any help is welcome. #include <Indicators\Custom.mqh>CiCustom *m_hilo = new...
EUR to quickly follow GBP lower on Brexit: While market focus has been on the extent to which Sterling would be expected to fall in the immediate aftermath of a vote for ‘Brexit’ and likely safe-haven flows into the likes of JPY, USD and CHF, there has in recent days been a greater recognition that...