General - page 1509

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published a new article: "Championship Report: Week 3 (Oct 18-22)". The third week of the Automated Trading Championship 2010 was relatively quiet. This can be explained by the fact that the total equity of the top-10 participants has...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published a new article: "Championship Report: Week 2 (Oct 11-15)". The second week of the Automated Trading Championship 2010 was turbulent and eventful. The second week's leader is bobsley from Russia who has earned about $60,000 for...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published "Interview with Valery Mazurenko (notused)". Having treated trading as a hobby, Valery is now trying to monetize this hobby and write a stable-operating Expert Advisor for real trading. In this interview he shares his...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published a new article: "Jury Session Record of October 14, 2010". After the first trading week, two participants from Belarus were discovered to have violated the rule of multiple registrations. The Championship Jury have made a...
Hello Everyone, I am working on an EA that will recieve its optimized settings from an online mysql database. However I seem to be having problems getting the libmysql.dll file to import correctly. I have tried following an article online that was posted in May, but believe there must of been
when I try to use the backtester, it always shutdown after 30 secondes and it is written: history download started one second after : history download canceled .......but no backtest is done 2010.11.02 20:50:09 Core 1 disconnected 2010.11.02 20:50:08 Core 1 EURUSD: history synchronized from...
Hi The site where MQL5 can be downloaded seems to be down and I need to reinstall...... https://download.mql5.com/cdn/web/metaquotes.software.corp/mt5/mt5setup.exe Thanks
Hi sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but can an EA be written where entry and exit signals are taken from crossover/under points from a custom indicator in a separate window from the main chart.In the article on the MQL4 site on "the creation of custom indicators" in the last paragraph it...
  Reverse Orders  (7)
Hi, I would ask the programmers of this forum if I can change these 2 EA "Fx Prime2 hieken ashi.mq4" and "Heiken Ashi Bar Ea v1.0.mq4" working with this indicator Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed "so that open orders on the other hand ... so instead of BUY and SELL opens the contrary, I wonder why inverting...
Including the trade info: settings, variables, profiles/chr, Set files etc  IN &/or WITH the trade history would make it far more valuable for data mining and a positive feedback loop to improve accuracy.
I recently started working with MQL5 and I'm trying to run a test EA. My platform just sits there with the picture below. It says history downloading started forever. I tried changing the backtest to only 3 months thinking that it could just be downloading massive amounts of data. But even that...
Hi, I would ask the programmers of this forum if I can change these 2 EA "Fx Prime2 hieken ashi.mq4" and "Heiken Ashi Bar Ea v1.0.mq4" working with this indicator Heiken_Ashi_Smoothed "so that open orders on the other hand ... so instead of BUY and SELL opens the contrary, I wonder why...
  position close  (3)
Hi, I am a beginner with Metatrader. In the past I worked with Deal Book in the Forex market. My question should be easy to answer for you: I have a function "close position" created. I get when calling the function the following error message: failed cancel order # 52 buy at 00:00 0.00000...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone. I am curious to know if it is possible to program so that the chart's comment colors change automatically without the need for a user input. For example, if I wanted to display a comment in the same color as the ask line then it would automatically change. If I would change the ask...
[Deleted]
Hello everyone. I am curious to know if it is possible to program an EA to display comments on the chart in different colors without a user input. For example, if my chart background is black the comments will turn white. If my chart background is white then my comments will turn black. That way the...
Now, MT5 server lost the price data from 2010.10.29 17:40 to 2010.10.29 21:59:00. Please check and maintenance it. Shimarin
[Deleted]
hello, article 81 + 88 + 125? defines a library for emulating mql4 in mql5. if these libraries become integrated, we may use mql4 code and methods in mql5. the only think that make me happy about mql5, i will not need to change old mql4 codes, since no one is playing with mql4 and mt4...
New signal launched: Consistency | Rent a Signal
Hi,  I've been messing around with MT5 in demo mode for a few days now, and I'm getting it figured out except for this: When I double click the market watch window to add a symbol (like USDEUR or #SIRI) the symbol just disappears and the program buzzes at me =(  What am I doing wrong? 
  0 != 0.00000 ??  (3)
Any idea why this code snippet gives the below output? double result = currentStopLoss - prevBarTrendDown;if(result== 0) { Print("Result is 0"); } else { Print("Result is not 0: " + DoubleToStr(result, Digits)); } [/CODE] Output's : [CODE]Result is not 0: 0.00000
Hello, Does MT mobile client that is designed for windows mobile 6.5 work on Windows mobile 7? Also, I heard there is a version coming up for Android and Iphone.. what is the release date?
Hi RAS users. Questions & feedback on my signal is welcome.
Do you have intention to support running of EasyLanguage scripts on MT5 as indicator or EA?
A problem with histogram 2 and color histogram 2 Does not matter if it is in a sub or main window
I want to attempt a stunt in the public glare. My goal is to grow an account with a minimum of 2K to 50K with 10 or less trades. How long it will take to grow or blow up the capital is unclear, but I will post all trades with screenshots of orders, charts, and account progress as soon as positions
Hi, I'm glad to have found this place. I see a lot of hardcore professionals moving around here, so I believe I'm at the right place... Please don't laugh at my question right away, for I'm very green at this. But I can't seem to understand, and I need to ask. Please explain it to me so I
hello sir, In my trading i want to change the eur/jpy to gbp/usd, pls tell me how to change it file section
  Trading Strategies  (10)
Hello, please i have been trading the free strategies at pro-tradingstrategies.com for some time now and i want to attend their course. Please has anybody learned from them before? Any response will be well appreciated thank you.