Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 453

I can consume a Webservice using MQL5 or i have to make a c++ Dll do do the request
Hi, in my Expert I would need to update positions' comments when certain conditions are met. All I could find so far is that I can get these comment by using PositionGetString(POSITION_COMMENT). What I would need is the reverse, like PositionSetString(POSITION_COMMENT). I have been...
Hello, I am looking for the best way to execute a pyramiding strategy using pending orders as stops. Should I use Mqltraderequest or the Trade.mqh classes? Also, I have experimented with both and each have given me problems (even when using a set price as a Stop Loss, not a separate pending stop...
Is it possible to access Macroeconomic Indicators from MQL5 within an EA? Macroeconomic Indicators are described in the help and can be accessed manually in the Toolbox via the Calendar tab. Regards
Name:Sell_Buy Scalper_agrAuthor:FSS (2011.02.16 16:17)Rating:5.5Downloaded:16193Download: Sell_Buy Scalper_agr.mq4 (3.7 Kb) Hello, Dear enthusiasts, I write this first topic with much respect for everybody that is involved in the forex scene. Maybe some people with experience in coding will be...
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me - I am using the pre made macd EA on MT5 but I really need to be able to up the lot size, here is the code hope that helps. Thanks. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Help! Where are my EA code mistake? Dual Thrust. Basic principle is simple, describe below 1. In today's closing, calculated two values​​: the highest price - closing price, and closing price - the lowest. Then take the larger of two values​​, multiplied by the k value 0.7. The result is called...
Indicator cannot load. Please help...?#property copyright "M.M.Dubovikov, A.V.Kryanev, N.V.Starchenko, & bhc"#property version "1.00"#property indicator_separate_window#property indicator_buffers 1#property indicator_color1 Red#property indicator_level1 0.5input int n = 5;input int nBars =...
both provide more or less the same functionality but what is better to use while coding the EA?
Hi all, ich wrote the following code, but i don't work somehow. I check if a position in the current symbol exists. Then i would like to have the "day of the year" for the recent moment (for ab) and the "day of the year" when the position has been opened (for ba). The difference of this two data...
Hello, assume i do cycle over pending- or history orders. how do i know an order is intended as CLOSE-order ? Thank you
I am trying to circumvent the step of getting a handle for a particular indicator and stright forward accessing the values for decission in an EA; is this possible? Cheers!
hello the Moving Average file includes this function: double SimpleMA(const int position,const int period,const double &price[])   { //---    double result=0.0; //--- check position    if(position>=period && period>0)      {       //--- calculate value       for(int i=0;i<period;i++)...
Hello, my EA can work well on multiple currencies so I would like to test it with the portfolio tester on more than one currency. &nbsp;Is there any recommendations or resources for designing a multi-currency EA for the portfolio tester in MT5? &nbsp;Is it necessary to modularize the EA code and...
I started picking up mql5 on the weekend and have started creating a few EAs, none of them based on a strategy I'd use, but just to get used to the language itself. The EA puts in instant orders on the currency with a lot size of 0.1. If the trend continues I want the EA to be able to purchase...
  MQL5 EAs  (6)
I have put de META 5 verson from Metaquotes. Graphics are received OK. But the experts folders do not work, when traying install some EA. Instead indicators go .Any help please?
  Previous Ticks  (8)
Novice MQL5 programmer here. Is there a way to check the price of a previous tick? MqlTick's "last" variable is not available in the forex market :(
As promised, this version has a 10 day free trial. So you get to use it for free to create expert advisors in MQL5 in minutes. You can get it here: http://www.molanis.com/products/expert-advisor-visual-wizard (A free registration is required to access the download page) Also, we have many...
Dear Forum, I just want to place some text inside a Window onto a certain position. I get it done by using x/y coordinates but not when using: ObjectSetInteger(0,label_name,OBJPROP_TIME,Time); ObjectSetDouble(0,label_name,OBJPROP_PRICE,Price); Do you have some sample code on how to place...
At the moment, I'm preparing an EA for the Championship and although time is now very tight, it looks hopeful that I may at least have an entry this year. The problem I am currently having is optimisation. I am a competent in other languages (C/C++/PHP/etc) and as such have a good understanding of...
Hello I am porting my EA from MT4 to MT5. &nbsp;One thing I am having trouble grasping is how to implement pyramiding of orders w/each order having a unique stop in MT5. &nbsp;I understand that I need to use one position and add to that position but am uncertain how to execute the dynamic stops....
In object filter, it's impossiable to assign m_base_price in object m_signal. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| Generating a buy signal. |//| INPUT: price - reference for placing the price of opening, |//|...
Hello, I have problem to use technical indicators class in standard library. I have scanned through this forum, but no one have similar problem as me. Basically i want to use technical indicator from standard library, but my outputs are very strange. Please take look my snippet code...
Hi, I would appreciate some help on the two issues described below. If a user drags and drops an EA to the chart, is there any way of finding out the exact time/price where the user has dropped/released the EA? Another question: can an EA make some kind of call to the user interface of metatrader...
Hi guys, I'm sorry if this is a very noob question, but I wanted to test out this EA: https://www.mql5.com/en/code/261 but I couldn't get it to work, here's the error that I got: Appreciate if anybody can help me on this, I've been on this problem for 2 days now and I am not making any...
Please, how to use " kernel32::CompareFileTime " in MQL5? thanks very much
Please any one givean example to check the trade request before sending with the function OrderCheck().
When offsetting or closing existing trades, does MT5 close desired trades by offsetting 1 time the necessary lots? Or does it still close each existing trade out. Example. Buy EURUSD 0.1 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.4 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.3 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.15 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.5 lots, Buy EURUSD 0.35 lots
Hi all, I'm having some problems on reading a value from a .txt file in an Expert Advisor. I have the following code: int file_handdle=FileOpen("test.txt",FILE_READ|FILE_ANSI); string string_read=FileReadString(file_handdle,4);&nbsp;&nbsp; Print("String read: " + string_read);&nbsp;&nbsp;...