Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 449

OrderSendAsync() function  (82   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
The description says that the OrderSendAsync() function is designed to perform asynchronous operations without waiting for the server to respond to the sent request. On successful execution the response code in the result variable contains the value TRADE_RETCODE_PLACED ( code 10008) - "order
Hi Forum. I want to please place a request to all programmers. I have attached an ea that i have been using for a while now with great result and its entry signal is rarely wrong.I have an intention to turn it into a fast tick scalper but i don't have programming knowledge and skills. My strategy...
Hello, i am looking for a smart method to detect bar change within Indicator. Unfortunately, this seems to be an extra science (don't know what's the problem to give each bar a unique index...??) However, my idea was to use OnCalculate time[] parameter for this. On each call, i do a print of
I need your help :) I'm taking the first steps to learn MQL5 lenguage and just to see 2 simple Ema on my backtest's chart is a great problem :( Starting whit iMA function : https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/indicators/ima what i need to do to add a new ema whit different parameters? Naturally...
Ok, here is the thing. Very simple but maybe I dont understand the concept of copybuffer in mql5 (I am new to it). Well, I understand that after you define a handle in OnInit(), and then you use the CopyBuffer() method, you copy elements from the first array to the second. However in my code...
Hi, I have made a simple EA wich contains OrderSend wit DEAL type. If I run it from the Editor it runs and creates trades successfully on my Demo account. But if I run it with Strategy Tester I receive error 4756 [Invalid request] on every OrderSend. I think the MqlTradeRequest structure is...
Hi, This actually might be a silly question, but anyway - how to modify parameters of an existing indicator straight from MQL5 code? In the MQL5 reference, I only see IndicatorCreate and IndicatorRelease functions. I started wondering because obviously a user can change the indicator parameters...
Hello, I am using MQL4. The situation goes like this: from CSV file I get a list of Lot values, and put them to double array, then according to market, using it for OrderSend. The problem is, that I get error for OrderSend 4051, invalid lots amount for OrderSend function. When I manualy change...
Hi, Im impressed with Tim Fass EA performance. Where can I download Tim Fass Expert Advisor? How can I use it? Thank you. deeply appreciated
It's my first mt5 ea. why my ea close orders immediately after it opened orders? #property copyright ""#property link ""#property version "1.00"//--- input parametersinput ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TrendTimeFrame=PERIOD_H4;input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES TradeTimeFrame=PERIOD_H1;input int...
I've written a basic first code so i can get the hang of mql5, my buy function is working fine, but my sell function isn't, i'm not sure whether its a problem with the signals or trade function, could someone please advise? bool Sell_Condition_1 = (MACD[1]<MACD[2]); // MA-8 Increasing upwards...
Hello all, I want to sent something from an account of one broker to another account of other broker open on the same PC example for i want to sent the open or close trade signal, so how can i do it? can somebody show me the code for this kind of EA, or i can use the global variables for this task...
Hello, I'm trying to do something VERY simple. All I'm trying to do is get the values of an MA indicator: void OnTick()&nbsp;&nbsp;{//--- int maHandle; maHandle=iMA(NULL,0,14,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);&nbsp;&nbsp; // check handle if (maHandle!=INVALID_HANDLE) { double values[];...
Hello, i have a problem that i can't get history orders in some situations. Basically i want to log my orders. For this, in OnTrade, i cycle over latest history: HistorySelect(last_time_query,TimeCurrent()); for(oh=1;oh < HistoryOrdersTotal();oh++) {...
Hello MetaQuotes, Do you consider changing or totally abandoning a following rule of ATC 2012: The maximum amount of pending orders for all symbols at any point in time is 12. (by the way I have just checked that on MetaQuotes Demo server the same limit is...100!) The reasoning behind such...
[Deleted]
Hello, That's my first post here, so if I'm doing it wrong please let me know. My EA uses several indicators to do its job, 4 EMAs, 1 SAR and a custom indicator. I'd like to customize styles so I can distinguish between the 4 EMAs. using the command ObjetSetInteger has not effect at all...
Hi, sorry for double post, ive done topic in wrong category, here is the link https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/6674 If anyone could atleast post code with modify tp sl i would like to see how you do it so i could implement it in to the ea, or check whats wrong in the link above. If there is any
Hi MetaQuotes, As one of the verification steps of my EA, I am checking the account number - whereas it works properly in normal or debug mode, in the tester I can see in the EA logs that account number is not the real one: 2012.05.06 15:34:33 Core 1 2012.05.01 00:00:00 [LogMan] Account: Demo...
Hi,I need clearification in these my suspicions. I have an EA that works very well according to specifications and signals.But to my greatest surprise it fails to take some clear signals when they appear and some other times it picks signal for SELL and enters BUY trade instead.Can brokers input...
I am trying to find a basic EA and/or script that will automatically move my T/P a&nbsp;preset amount of&nbsp;pips and start a new S/L in the old T/P original position in case the market decides to turn back around. I don't need it to open new trades,&nbsp;only adjust my T/P just&nbsp;before the...
Hi all, I am using MT4 for automated trading. The situation goes like this. The EA I am using is placing multiple orders per bar. See the image below where it placed 10 orders in a 30M bar. How can I modify an expert advisor in MQL4 so that it places only one order per bar? Any help would be...
Dear Experts, could you pls support on this one? After updating to the newest build I´m receiving the above mentioned error message when starting the Strategy Tester. Could you pls advice what this error message says - or better - what I have to do? Thank you so much! Best, Thomas
I know this is probably easy but I can't find it. Is there any way for an EA to determine the current account type (Standard, Mini, Micro) automatically? An EA would seem to need to know that 1 lot in a standard account is very different from 1 lot in a mini account. Something like...
Hello every one, I have simple Question why when i want use the Method "iMA" this method return int? Why this Mobile Average it's not double? Because i need the price. Thanks a lot
Hello, the build in Expert Advisor entered a long position at 1.31559 EURUSD. I use Inp_Signal_MACD_PTakeprofit 114 Shouldnt it have closed it long by now at 1.32699? (At the time of writing this it is at 1.32748) I am confused.
I have a specific case, where my EA back-tests over a 4 hour block, but in Live (on a demo account), it did not perform the same way. Does the back-test data typically differ from the Demo account data? Is the Demo / live account data, specific to the Broker? And the back-test data is actually...
Hi  I have an EA which I am able to backtest and it does trading on backtest  However, when I turn on "Optimization" using the same settings on "value", "start" and "stop" with one variable to be step, the ea does not trade at all on all optimization passes.  Does anyone know what is the likely...
Hi All, is it possible to make expert advisors testing automatic? What I mean is that I set a list of propertioes for EA and test it for all of them, without having to press enter every time. Thanks 
hi every body ,iwish if some body to make me an expert ,
Greetings, I am new to MQL5 and would like to know the code for an order management EA that does the following: When a trade is above a certain profit, close the trade and place a new one. When a trade is below a certain loss, place a new trade without closing the original trade. On every loss