Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 355

Yes No I don't know "What difference does it make" Hillary Clinton.
Hi, I am trying to update a CSV file with live rates. For this I am using CopyRates function. I came across this problem while using this function. In brief, the error is CopyRates function's datetime and the rates does not match when the market is closed. For an example let's say now GMT time is...
Yes, it's a good idea No, I want customer to pay before they can give testimonial
I'm sure theres any code out there that set the SL and TP so I dont need to enter numbers all the time ? also that works for pending orders its the same we see on Auto SL and TP Maker dont need to be sophiticated , only set numbers.
Hello my friends, Ive got a little problem with a part of my ea. if (a=0) {OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,Ask-(StopLoss*Point),Bid+(TakeProfit*Point),NULL,Blue); printf ("buy");} if (a=1) {OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,Lots,Bid,3,Ask+(StopLoss*Point),Bid-(TakeProfit*Point),NULL,Red); printf
What is mt4 genetic algorithm? Here it is, incase someone is confused https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1409
Hello everyone, sorry for subject. I couldn't explain it enough. My fx broker does not support metatrader 5 but I want to do some backtest with their symbols like dow jones but mt5 demo account does not have dowjones symbol. Of course I can do it with mt4 but mt4 can not use parallel processing...
Hi My EA is now working on H4 timeframe, everything work fine but sometime I got an error like this "order buy 0.5 EURJPY opening at market sl: 122.232 tp: 125.028 failed [Market is closed]" also cannot close position with this error "order sell 0.5 EURNZD closing at 0.00000 failed [Market is
Hi, I just learned mql4 (3 days) and was surprised! Very cool system. I never did anything like this with a program/script. So, I just have to try, was my thought. I don't have enough data to say anything exactly. But it looks good (in the strategy tester! ;-) )! Perhaps, I need some advice...
Greetings, I'm writing an EA which will trade according to user's risk percentage. Let's say it opens an Long position during daylight and Short position during night, a simple/stupid EA. EA's input value is the risk percentage, let's say 15 for 15% of available money. Whenever opens a position...
Can someone please explain the logic behind this, I just began learning mql and I cant seem to understand why is this found in almost all the codes I have read so far. //---- check for possible errors if(counted_bars<1) return(-1);//---- last counted bar will be recounted if(counted_bars>0)...
Here comes some OOP stuff. The idea for the program: * I draw a trendline in the chart and name it "beep" - the next time the price crosses this line, I will get a beep * I draw a trendline and name it "buy" - the next time the price crosses this line, I will get a long position. I wrote already an
Yes No I dont know what you talking???
As title, how to get mac address on my computer?
Hello MT5 community, I'm building up an expert advisor from scratch and I'm trying to experience the basics first. I have code creating only "BUY" orders at beginning of each period (current at every 4 hours) as follows: Although I only create BUY orders, I see SELL operations as well, as...
Why this Invalid Price error ? I dont see anything wrong.
Backtesting error: OnTick Critical Error & array out of range in 'StdChanel.mq5' (469,18) Hi i get a backtesting error when i try to run my EA in the MT5 strat tester.. the EA complies fine though with no errors etc. I have also checked other EAs and they work ok. please help. thanks
Why EA bought in this price, if neither the candle got there ?
  Help please?  (3)
Hi I was testing out a strategy using the Strategy tester, which for one day seems to pull a strange price for the trade entry at 05:00. I have checked the history center and that price does not exist for that date, any ideas as to where it is coming from and how? As I can't figure out where MT4...
More like a review if you purchase a commercial EA and have it running for more than 2 months and consistently profit from it. I don't want to throw my money on those EA but I'm tired staring at my screen all day. I need to sleep and make a life now. I've been trading manually too long that my eyes...
Hi there, does anybody how it is possible to obtain the scaling factor of system fonts? Especially with Windows 10 I have weird behaviour with the font sizes and especially with UHD displays. A normal fontsize of 9 or 10 results in huge texts which do not fit into any bitmap objects anymore....
I NEED HELP I HAVE TOTAL 45 FOREX ACCOUNT I WANT TO TRADE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT AND I WANT MY OTHER ACCOUNT COPY MY TRADE IM ALREADY BUY ROBOT FOR MULTI TRADE I BUY VPN ALSO BUT I DONT KNOW HOW I SET UP CAN ANY ONE HELP ME IM READY TO PAY YOUR FEES
Hello I am confused why the here under library call is coming as an executed file: #include <stdlib.mqh> can any body help me please, I would be appreciated for the help. I want to include the source file instead. as it is in the code above!
Hi, I starting to develop some EA's and I have read some information about testing the EA and on one article that belongs to Nicolay Kositsin ( https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/1517 ) and I have some doubt: I want to define to backtest period from: - 1/1/2006 to 31/12/2010: optimization; - 1/1/2011
Hi, I have done a simple EA to test the best EMA methods to buy/sell on Forex. Its for studying indicators... So I have 3 conditions to buy/sell based on: - Closed Price crosses EMA; - Short EMA Crosses Long EMA; - Closed Price crosses EMA if on trend; The problem is that I have made 3 If's...
It's said that OrderType has the following values: But I find there will be value 6, what does it mean? And will there be any more values hidden?
Hi all, I have started to play around with EA recently and downloaded a bit of historical data. This depleted my disk space to nearly 0MB. Even after i uninstall my metatrader 4, my disk space still remains low. May i know if there are any other places that i fail to look at where i can delete my...