Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 352

Hi  Some body help me please  to understand if I have a function to directly pass a double parameter to another void function to change StopLoss , which kind of type my first function should have ? Should it be a double function with a return ? -which in this case I don't now what I'm going to do...
Hello all, I've been coding a EA of mine that calls both events that happen OnTick and OnBookEvent. Id like to plot both of them on the chart, but i cant seem to do so without one "flashing" the other. Everytime a BookEvent happens, the BookEvent comment shows up and "erases", "flashes"
Hi I'm new towards optimizing an EA with different parameters. But may I know what are the possible reasons that causes the best results inputs so different especially when I run it on my Home PC and Office PC and both using the same Broker? I get different results on the same broker but on...
[Deleted]
HI all I see in option the field max bars in history and I have set it to 1440. Using F2 I see that the bars loaded are always greater then 1440, is there a way to keep only this number of bars in the history? Is there any MQL4 command to use to clear the history?
Why did MQL5.com prevent free EA downloaded in markeplace from copying from one MT4 platform to another MT4 platform?
Hi, I have used iFractal function in an EA and when it detects a fractal it prints an up/down arrow on the bar. the problem is when tester finish testing it displays the fractal indicator and the and arrow doesn't match with the indicator! I think that iFractal its well configured the For cycle...
Hello, I am trading with an EA following trend by MA and other indicators. What good exit signal can you recommend? What are the best exit signals available that can be programmed into that EA? Regards.
  Profitable EA  (2)
Hello guys. I'm new here and I'm looking for a good EA, Someone I can indicate one that is profitable and that works with a small account (200 € or 300 €). To buy or rent. To buy more than 150 at most. Thank you and I look forward answers.
Hi experts,   I am new to coding with MT4, hope to get your assistance.   I am trying out some EAs and realised that the results might be better if I were to skip my 1st trade signal.   Working on a moving average cross strategy with time on UK hour (2pm) start and end 2 hours later (4pm). Problem...
[Deleted]
my mt4 uptaded itself to the new build 988 and i had the editor open while it happened, i closed the editor and it said the file could not be saved as it was write protected but i had saved before i left my computer so i closed the editor and tried looking for the file and its gone.  used some...
[Deleted]
(MQL4)I am trying to code a function that can remember the date of a low or high given a specific condition until that condition is generated again and determines a new high. The problem im having is that if i make a simple Highest or Lowest Function it uses periods and as a new day comes and the...
Hello together,I have a simple question and may some of you will laugh about that. I have subscribed to a Signal But it does not copy the lot properly, all trades are 0.01 lot ( And Signal Sender haves 0.06, 0.08, 0.52). Anyone care to tell me why all my open lot 0.01?? Im very sorry for my Bad...
Hi there, I wondered whether you could help me with the 'code' below. I can't get round my head why on every 'tick' the OrderSend is executed repeatedly. The Algorithm (see below) explained is: L1 - Asks the question whether the price is within a pre-determined Level L2 - Asks the question...
Hi, Title says it all, I need to calculate the last 3 Renko bars (along with their time when bar started) via code / mq4, but I have absolutely no clue how to do that. Anyone please? Thanks in advance!
MQL5:  I'm trying to write a function to close by sequence. There is no error after compilation, but it does not run. I could not figure out why. Could you help?  Thank you!  Closing by order sequence. i.e. Deal 1 + Deal 2 has profited - close Deal 3 + Deal 4 has profited - close 5 + 6 7 + 8 9 + 10...
i am working on ea , but i dont know how to select second last order. actually my ea opened serval orders and i want to average down like if most recent last 2 Orders average profit == Min_Profit then Ordershould close. i am trying to code this from a week but no sucess .i will be thankful to you...
Hi all, I am trying to compile my EA, when I do I receive "Return value of OrderSelect and OrderModify should be checked " errors. Can an expert kindly help me on this, the code is given below: Thank you //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|
  What is wrong with my EA ?  (21   1 2 3)
Hello All, I have a general template of an EA that I use to test systems. At the moment I am testing a indicator "better volume indicator " and I am trying to use it in my EA. From the Indicator MQL file. I get the buffers: SetIndexBuffer ( 0 ,red); SetIndexStyle ( 0 , DRAW_HISTOGRAM , 0
  New Order at same Price  (16   1 2)
Hello :) I need your help for a trick in my EA. How to place a BUY STOP at price when there is no BUY STOP at this price and while this level stay activ ? I send buy stop order at level, order was executed and reaches his TP, price fall under the level, how can I send a new buy stop order with...
Dear Team, After writing an .mq4 script, how do I compile the script before attaching it to my MT4 terminal? Please, guide me.
int handle = FileOpen(TickFile,FILE_READ|FILE_CSV,','); if(handle < 1) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;{&nbsp;&nbsp; string strErr = Error(GetLastError()); Print("Cannot open file " + TickFile + ": " + strErr); return(false); } I'm having a problem...
  EA error  (2)
"EX4 file must be compiled using #property strict directive.File compiled as Debug"
I´m receiving the following message: "Authorization failed. Please check trading account data." Thank you Daniel
hi friends. many people use low money on fx place.what is your favorite expert? can you share?
Hello, im trying to create a function that locks the EA for different users to use only by their AccountNumber please help something is wrong here.. when im using only one user like here it is working fine and no problem what so ever: bool LockToAccount=true;int...
Hi! I'm using an 4x Quad-Core Xeon computer on my MT5 farm to increase the speed of the strategy tester. The problem is that Strategy Tester just make available 8 cores of the 16. Does anyone could help me making the 16 core available? I apreciate your time!! Ruy Bentes 
Hello, When I running my EA, server ping results becomes high. After I remove the EA, then results become very low (about 5 times, please look at attachments). Is it normal? Or do I implement or set something wrongly? And also in opening order, which latency values are correct? Thanks for your...
  EA Attachment  (2)
Hello Team, Please advice me. I attempted adding an EA to Symbol (EURUSD) by dragging it to the Chat Window, and it refused attaching. I also tried other Symbols, and all failed to attach. I have another EA which I bought from MQL5 Market. I tried attaching that EA, but it failed too. I went...
Dear MQL5 users. I am currently experiencing some multiple order execution problem with my EA but only for a specific broker. My EA works perfectly in strategy tester. It also works with other brokers in live trading mode too. With a specific broker, my EA sometime often 10 orders of the same size
Hi, Please could someone confirm it is OK to run multiple charts of different currencies in a single MT4 instance with out risk of trades being rejected because they were executed at the same time. Has this been fixed now or do I need to run multiple instances of MT4? Thanks PS. Apologies for...