Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 332

I am new to Metatrader. I want to demo an EA before buying it. I can't get any EA to make any trades. I don't know what parameters to select on some of these more complicated EAs
I'm looking to subscribe to an mql5.com trade signal, but the symbol associated with the signal has an "m" on the end: USDCADm, USDCHFm, EURUSDm, etc...  Will my trade account still copy these trades even though the symbol doesn't match exactly?
  EA Not Trading  (7)
My EA have this massage; Failed request for 0.00 [Invalid request]. What do I do? --- Define some MQL5 Structures we will use for our trade MqlTick Last_Price; // To be used for getting recent/latest price quotes MqlTradeCheckResult CheckResult; MqlTradeTransaction mtrans; // To be...
Hi ... I am trying to develop an EA I am having problems with "OrderSend". I do not understand programming language very much, I've already tried a lot of solutions and I did not find ... But it does not work. The message "return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked" appears ... It contains no...
[Deleted]
I've been trading Forex for nearly a decade now and programming my own personal EAs. (some exceptionally complex!). For a very limited number of people I am prepared to code their existing personal manual trading system into an automated EA for free. There are few conditions though: 1. You must
Hello, I'm writing a code for futures market and I need bid/ask prices with quotations(volumes) in each price depth. I managed to get the correct values for ask and bid but I have two problems: 1-) I need to keep opened "Depth of Market"  windows in order to get prices. I'm willing to get many...
Hi everybody, I've created robot which shall draw trendlines based on two closest fractals . If new fractal is true lines shall be redrawed. Unfortunately tester shows that just the closest fractal is taken into consideration the second fractal is as initial one and unchanged during whole test
I mean, have you seen any case where your strategy is well programmed.. and works fine in demo.. but in real account you have problems? What aspects are mandatory to fulfill aside solid requirements (of your strategy) at the programming stage, in order to guarantee a good performance THANKS
Does the ST create a list of trades and deals or do I have to create that myself programmatically? Thanks.
This is a run from the strategy tester. The open of the trade is on the open of the bar but the close of the trade is not on the close of the bar.   Is this caused by a strategy tester setting? Thanks.
Hello, The MQL5 Reference has a page on function templates ( https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/basis/oop/templates ) which has the following function template: template<typename T> T ArrayMax(T &arr[])   {    uint size=ArraySize(arr);    if(size==0) return(0);                  T max=arr[0];    for(uint...
So I have a file in the metaeditor that has a bunch of #includes. The error tab gets filled up with echos of these filenames, burying my coding errors down several screens.  I can't tell if the file has compiled correctly without scrolling through them Can I turn these echos off? Thanks
I'm trying to reserve n elements in CArrayObj and it seems to be missing a routine for setting the m_data_total variable to the number of elements reserved. When you .Reserve(n) it will allocate the elements in memory but using the .Total() returns 0; Is this a bug or a feature? #include...
I have never run any EAs on my PC.. but I have opened 10 pairs in the MT4.. and I have experienced some delay on ticks.. I suppose (or assume) that running EAs on those 10 pairs the EA will have also delays to enter automatically on positions...? Could you give me some lights on this situation? am I...
I'm using OnTradeTransaction() to monitor trades.   Is there a way to tell if the deal is being opened or closed? Right now I'm filtering the callbacks using trans.type == TRADE_TRANSACTION_DEAL_ADD Thanks.
Hello I did everything correctly like they said in here :  https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/862 But Sqlite3 does not work. When I run SQLite3Test script, I got this error. How can i solve it ? Thanks  
Hello I've declared a CiStochastic: private:CiStochastic stochastic; On a method I've tried to create it: stochastic.Create(symbol, timeFrame, 14, 3, 0, MODE_SMA, STO_CLOSECLOSE);   but appears these errors: 2017.03.29 23:49:14.257    2017.01.01 00:00:00   cannot load indicator 'Stochastic...
Hi, In my EA, I use a moving average indicator with a large period, it needs to access up to 150 bars in history. So I need to check if there are enough bars in history and, if not, download the missing data from within the OnInit() function. What is a good practice to do so. As for now, my code...
Hello All, I have a Trading Strategy which I would like to automate by creating an Expert Advisor for it. Please I need someone to help with this; let's discuss. Best regards
Dear Coder Since the migrants to MQL5 language, there are many differences in the coding structure to work with historical trades in mql5 language. Here I would like to discuss any problem related to Historical Trades. I just simply feel this is necessary because the History Deal structure from...
[Deleted]
HELLO, CAN anybody please add a news filter and a CSM to an already operational EA with conditions as mentioned in the attached Excel file please? Awaiting any reply. If so I will post the EA. Please read the excel file to know how I want it. Thank you very much and thank you once again. Since its
Hello everybody, I have a strange problem with overloading operator = in MQL5. I have a struct used for data storage: struct ZigZagData   {     double      Value;     datetime    Time;   }; Here everything is OK. I use this data type in one array I need to overload operator = and change the example:...
Hello, I am a new user of MT5. I would like to manually test a strategy using historical data. Is it possibile ? how can I do ? thanks
How do I return Minimum Stop Price (FOREX) in MT5 with code? Thanks
Hi everybody. I'm pretty new here. I found this on youtube. Now I'm searching for a bot that does this or maybe this topic will be inspiring somebody to build a bot that does it. I'm not good at math nor programming, I'm just thinking of ways to getting money and not losing it. The trading system is...
I do not know what this 813 more... is. I am not using an EA. Can it be removed ? Thanks Ken
is it possible to run MQL5 EAs in a broker that supports only MT4? I have chatted with the broker's customer support and they say.. "you could try... but we don't give support on EAs". So I would like to ask the forum according to your experience to know if I shoud then program in MQL4. Thanks a lot...
  Maximum Lots MM  (1)
I have nice life problems here. My EA only trade once or twice a week  and now I have reached my broker's maximum lots, now I feel like the EA is being limited and no longer performing as it has been for the past months. I am currently thinking of a way to code my new lots management so that it will...
Can somebody tell me what kind of file is *.ex5 - machine code or code for virtual machine?
  Form Malfunction  (3)
Hello! When I attach AceTurn to chart it appears normally, but I cannot reach to ComboBox selections and also CheckButton don't take changes when pressed. What is wrong in my code