Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 238

EA evaluations  (2)
Where do I send my EA for backtesting by other developers and users
Hi, I am using the following MQL5 code to fetch data from a web service: string cookie=NULL,headers; char post[],result[]; string referer = NULL; string url="http://www.test.com"; int res=WebRequest("GET",url,cookie,referer,500,post,0,result,headers); However, I need to specify the user agent
Hi, I'm having a problem with the strategy tester I'm hoping I can get some help with. I'm new at this, so I may be missing something really obvious. I've read a lot of data on this website but still can't see where my problem lies exactly. I was trying to test a very simple MT5 EA using the
<Deleted>
Hey, from time to time (yes I love this sentence too), my EA causes "Invalid pointer" errors when a pointer is just assigned to a variable. Like this: CVObject *ptr=(CVObject *)m_invalidupdates.At(i); m_invalidupdates is an CArrayObj object which is part of the MQ library. CVObject could be any
my forex robot launches trade slow. for example ; new bar open price 1550.00 long position start. robot needs to initiate a purchase order. but, until the robot starts, the price is 1550.15. what is the reason of this
Hello I just compile an EA i am getting one error : '1' - expression not boolean When i go to line this is the code causing the error : if(IsStopped())return(-1); How do i fix this? I appreciate the help
Hello ! I Want that my EA open trade after every 5 pips move . let's suppose GOLD Current Price 1550$ , when it touch 1545$ , then my EA open Trade Buy Automatically & Auto Take Profit Set , Which i Want..... Just Simple .Anyone Please Help me & Give CODE . Thank you in Advance
[Deleted]
Hello esteemed experts! I have created an expert adviser but have a little problem here. I would like to use the 3rd candle low or high to trail my open positions. Attached is the code for the high and low. I also need the trailing to start when break even has occurred. The system is promising. Your
If 1% damage, position is closed. I wrote the code, but it doesn't work
I wrote a super detailed post about this problem on stackoverflow .com. Rather than re-create the entire thing here I'll just post the link: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59841733/metatrader-4-mql4-time-is-off-by-5-hours-but-only-when-using-epoc-time Basically, I'm having a very specific
There's a popular belief that trading robots "don't work". I know they can be profitable but how much really? For a few dozens of dollars you can buy EAs that theoretically perform several times better than the best stock market indices, but if they were doing really well in live trading, the
I spend quite some time developing an EA that is reading the Forex Factory Calendar (FFC) HTML. I’m stumbling now on an issue that I did not foresee and I’m unable to solve. Hopefully you can help me. When the news event occurs, I want to extract the Actual number, and compare it with the forecasted
Hi there, I am new to MT5 and learning write some simple expert advisor by silghtly modify stock signals. below is my test EA source code. what i am expecting is when MACD main line above zero level && STOCH main line > STOCH signal line. it should generate a buy signal. MACD singal pattern value is
Good morning, I had a strange behaviorusing the CopyRates function in MQL5. I tried to load some Rates using the CopyRatesfunction for a specified Symbol (CustomSymbol). The requested data is on aPERIOD_M1 and represents two months of rates starting from the SERIES_TERMINAL_FIRSTDATE of the Symbol....
I've written an EA (with help of existing code I have found on the forum and the net) that reads in information from the experts log file. However, I need the information in real time, and the log file is only updated in intervals throughout the day I think, when the terminal is closed, or when you...
If you have a $10,000 balance 1:100 demo account with a risk percentage input in you EA, and if you input say 10% then is the trade size $1000 when your first trade is found or is the 1:100 leverage automatically applied so the trade size becomes 100,000 (1lot)? Any info helps thanks
  Platform/broker.  (3)
Good morning, I'm trying to learn the MQL4 language. I downloaded the MT4 platform. I downloaded all the data (F2). I created a program and did the tests. I tried to search for operations on MT5 and the values (RSI, MA, BID etc etc) do not always coincide. So if I change platforms or brokers the
Hello friends, I'm writing an EA but I'm having trouble with the programming logic part. The EA should do the following: At each candle check if the fast moving average of 05 has crossed from low to high the slow ones of 75 and 85, if it has, check if MacD has changed from negative to positive for
Hello, Is there any function in Expert Advisor that the signal is received only when each candle starts? (i.e. I am looking for a function to control that each signal works every 30 minute when each candle (30M) starts? Best, S. Green
i cann't use more local computer to optimize my EA, but system‘s macd can be used....why?help! thank you
Hi everyone Does anybody know of any EAs what use hurst cycle analysis? Or even a system based on FLDs? It's something that interests me but I dont have the slightest idea of coding
Can you see what is wrong here? I get some operator is needed when calling this function. I want to scan orders on other currency pairs on other charts and see what type the other orders are, and set it to a number of 1 if it is active. So I call it two times one for buy and one for sell. But it is
[Deleted]
  Day Counter  (6)
Merry Christmas everyone! I have been trying to figure out how to code when a day has passed, add one to the candle counter then determine if trading is allowed for that day. Any help will be greatly appreciated. A comment function for the day counter may also be helpful
[Deleted]
Hi. I coded an expert to calculate the new lot size after every position. Problem is, the calculated lot is not used in the immediate next trade. It comes second. Can anyone help me find a better way of doing it? Seems I have been using a wrong approach, for way too long. I can't think no more. D(
Hello Community, Is there a way to view and track your P/L for each EA that I am running? I am currently running 3 EA's on 6 currency pairs on one account (so 18 charts in total). Even though the net result is that I am making steady gains I need to know which EA is the most profitable. In other
Hi, I have an error when I compile the follwing code; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//| ProjectName |//| Copyright 2018, CompanyName |//|
I'm trying to test my code but I keep getting the below errors/messages which prevents me from buying or selling. Thoughts? 2017.05.08 08:46:29.749    2017.04.02 21:08:59   current account state: Balance: 10000.00, Credit: 0.00, Commission: 0.00, Accumulated: 0.00, Assets: 0.00, Liabilities: 0.00,...
Dear sir and madam, it is no item of "Register a Virtual Server" to provided in MT5,how can i solve the problem? But when I use MT4,This item can be shown and chosen
MT5 has a built-in expert "ExpertMAMA". I've been running tests on it this week and so far, it's performing decently. However, i cannot run it on MT4. MT4 has a simple MA advisor, but its parameters are different from ExpertMAMA. I need help if somebody knows or can point out to me what is the