Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 116

NormalizeDouble rounding ?  (11   1 2)
Why ? void OnStart () { double x = 9906.8 / 100000 ; printf ( "x = %s" , DoubleToString (x)); printf ( "ND(x) = %g" , NormalizeDouble (x, 2 )); } returns : 2022.10 . 05 13 : 07 : 07.736 ND (EURUSD,H1) x = 0.09 906800 2022.10 . 05 13 : 07 : 07.736 ND (EURUSD,H1) ND(x) = 0.1 I've asked 2
Hello , can someone can help me how to disable the algo trading button when launching the robot in the OnInit() function thanks
Hello, I’m looking for pointers on how to code for the 3hr Bollinger bands. The 1hr, 4hr and daily bollinger bands are built in but not the 3hr
I am trying to implement a function in a EA, after price moves 100 pips in your favor, Move SL to 10 pips after Entry poinT, so stop loss can stay in profit and also use tralling stop to stay in profit. Somebody have an idea of how to implement it
  Changes to EA  (8)
Hi All, Can any of you fine colleagues advise whether it is possible to execute take profit on the machine/platform, rather than sending it to the Broker as a request with the order? I'm getting hypertrading alerts from my broker and hoping that by removing the TP request from the order I will
Happy Weekend I am trying to use "switch-case" operator and have following issue. I have defined timeFrames locally as ENUM_TIMEFRAMES. If I pass in this variable case mTFH01 , I get error 'mTFH01' - constant expression required and if I pass in case PERIOD_H1 , I get inconsistent results e.g
  OnTick  (4)
Hello friends. How do we ensure that an operation is performed only once in the OnTick function
Hello, Below is the money management part of my expert. The calculation based on the "percent of equity" still returns a volume at 0.01. Where is the bug ? Thanking you in davance for your help ! double MoneyManagement() { double lot = 0 ; double Free = AccountInfoDouble ( ACCOUNT_EQUITY );
Dear Members I have created a nested for loop shown in below in code section. I want to exit (break) when variable idxFB = j is found. Currently it do break of inner loop on satisfying the condition but then goes to first outer loop and loop again for inner loop. seeking advise from experts here
How this code would be for MT5?double totalBuyLots = 0;      double totalSellLots = 0;            for(int i=0; i < OrdersTotal(); i++)      {                 if(OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES) == true)         {            // match the symbol EUR/USD or EUR/CHF,...
  detaching charts  (3)
Hey guys in MT4 I used to have a very helpful script where it would detach my charts so I could use them on my multiple screens. is there anything like that for MT5? thank you
Hello everyone 🥳 I’ve got some EA that work good for me, but I want to add more setting to this EA so I talk with the owner of this EA and he doesn’t want to sell/give me the source code of this EA. Basically what I want is to add option for profit target and when it’s reach this target the
Good evening, First of all, thank you for taking your time on this topic. I have problems with this code. The EA is programmed to insert stoploss automatically once a trade is opened in the same exchange (both automatic and manual). With some brokers I have no problem while with others it returns
When I hired VPS from MT5, it auto set the host server to a country I didn't choose. I have tried changing the host server multiple times, but nothing works. VPS can be turned off or on, connected or disconnected, after I come back to the VPS subscriptions page, the host server is in the same
Hello, I've created an EA and passed the auto-validation, and I'm just trying to get ahead of any potential issue with this topic with the human-validation. Let me explain: my EA works fine when the initial lot size is 0.01. Raising that by just one miniLot is risking too much. Therefore I'm
Is anyone able to please help me with this code? I'm trying to have key "R" to cycle down through 4 timeframes (D1,H1,M5,M1) and key "F" to cycle up through the same 4 timeframes. My issue is that sometimes it seems to be working but mostly the ChartPeriod(); of the current chart is not returning
The graphics card is NVDIA GTX550TI, the latest driver of this model is installed, and CUDA 9.1 is also installed, but after opening MT5, the following picture is still displayed, please advise how to install it to use opencl normally, thank you
Hello traders, am looking to develop a neural network to analyse some charts that already have an EA running on them. I want the network learn from the EA and be able to predict future prices and possible areas the EA may take a trade
After some in depth debugging, I realized I've been using CiCustom wrong. The documentation is unclear but by implementation it is now apparent that CiCustom was intended to derive subclasses. Making custom indicator classes is very easy of you use the following pattern. Inherit CiCustom Make a
  how to convert MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_MARGINREQUIRED) to mt5 version
Hello Guys ,, i made an EA and while im testing it , it keeps telling me : Unsupported filling mode . The brocker allows Hedging , and Tp and SL are not too small .. does anyone know why orders are unsupported please
Having to manually keep changing the TF in inputs (21 times) is very labour intensive I know its possible having seen EA's with the option But how to write the code ? All help very much appreciated :) Thank you in advance for your valuable time
hello dear developers, I am looking for the code that can help me to remove the grid and the volumes on the graph during the initialization thank you
[Deleted]
  Create an EA  (2)
I would like to know if someone can make me a robot, because I trade with the rsi and stochastic growth I am doing scalping and I would like to have 10 tp 30 SL for each position I open
  No history data  (8)
Why there's no history data
Hi, My futures broker provides real ticks in MT5, I want to know if MarketBook data (i.e Depth of Market) available during Backtesting? Thanks Abhay
Hi all, I'm trying to make an EA and backtest it, but I'm having problems with the buffers in my EA. I know that in my custom indicator the values are getting set correctly in the buffers there as I have debugged through that and checked. However in my EA when I use CopyBuffer(), I am not getting
I've had some code that has been working fine on a demo account ever since I wrote it 9 months ago. Using MT5. I recently moved to a funded account (live) and have run into issues. Here a snippet of my original code where I located the issue is occurring, that was working fine on demo okay. I'll
Hi, wanted to ask, if the EA is taken off the market after purchase, will i still be able to download and use the EA
Hi I have my ow EA that uses the SendNotification function to send me messages that I want to receive, using MT5. I receive these okay. However, I also receive messages about trade transactions, which I do not want to receive (too many, too frequent etc) I seem to remember back in MT4 you could