Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 188

Hi. I need help with a situation. I have a few ea's that I like how they perform on backtesting so I put them on a live account (ecn) the problem is that it does not perform as in backtesting. For example : in backtesting for february I had 35 trades, but running live in February I only had @20
Sometime last year, my EA which had been working fine without any issues started placing double orders of the same type. Contrary to my beliefs, the MQL5 community was sure that my code was executing multiple times, so I placed some checks in my code that would prevent this (A CyclePause (Where AO
Hi - Does anyone know if an EA can show it's current set file name in the inputs box in Strategy Tester or as a text line on the current chart ? I think it would be very usefull when doing multiple backtests and keep track of what set file is currently being used
  EA and CFDs  (1)
Hi: I would appreciate any insight why my EAs work just fine on Forex but not operational on CFD (Futures or Indices). Nothing in the journal indicates a problem. Thanks again
Hello, I am aware there are scripts that can close all open orders for you, but what I am looking for is to set a timer which will enable and disable the EA at a certain time of the day and once disabled will close all orders. Is there such a thing
My demo account expired. I have a live account with AAFX but swithed to a demo to run for a while. MT5 says I'm logged in and my other EA seem OK. EA Gold Stuff attaches then drops off the the error message sayes invalid account
Hi I want to see the spreads of 5 different brokers on a single Mt4 chart. I mean on the first brokers EURUSD chart I want to see the other 4 brokers EURUSD spread. I have searched named pipes but it did not work despite of many tries. Does anyone know another way to do that. Or you can share a
Hi, I need to develop an expert on MT5 that each 5 minute candle collects the volume of various currencies and if there is an increase in volume, launch an alert. I have no idea how to start it, any help? A base template with a sample would be a great help. Thank you so much
Hello, I have been writing very basic stuff, and from this code I don't understand why not all the candles are accounted for. It should be the case that each candle is a new trade, but yet there are some gaps in dates aside from the weekend (according to my trade history and the visualization it is
I just did a milestone to published an EA. I don't know where and how should I attract people to notice it. I don't know whether have restrictions or not. Please advise, thanks
I'm experiencing a very strange behaviour on MT5 with trade.PositionModify() calls. I have an EA that automatically sets SL and TP for every new order, no matter whether stoplimit(= order) or market order(= position). The strange thing is, it works fine for 3 times or so, sometimes only once, then
CopyBuffer function not work when prev_calculated =0 and Handle in other TimeFrame which different Current TimeFrame First I creat Indicator with two Handle in two timeframe: one in Curent TF exp: H1 and one in Orther TF exp: H4 Handle_Current_TF = iMA ( _Symbol , _Period , 14 , 0 , MODE_SMA
Hello folks, I'm developing a complex trading panel for more than 20 symbols. Do you know if is there any kind of limited of the number of objects per Panel? It looks like it is stucked in 350 CButtons or CLabels
  Access ATR Value  (2)
HI. I want to build an expert advisor that will automatically set my SL to 2xATR of the position I'm in Tried a few things but they didn't work Any kind of help is much appreciated
Hi, Is there any possible way to replay trade history (that saved manually or using script into .csv) and playback it in the strategy tester ? The reason I want to do this is because I want to do revision on how well I performed in the past XX weeks. Please direct me the market product if you have
i can not change the account of my VP subscription. it gives me no error messages and does not changes the account also
Hello friends! I wrote a script in which I used the following code Print("111"); x= iTime ( _Symbol , PERIOD_MN1 , 0 ); Print("222"); When the execution of the code reaches this part, the execution of the script stops So that the print is executed before it but the print is not executed after it
Hello Guys, I want to build a EA for my Strategy and found nearly everything I need for it, but i can't put everything together to a running EA. For example I want to use the Fractals Indicator and found finally the code for it, but don't know how to include all other "filters" (moving averages
Hello Experts, Been trying to google the answer and look into documentations, but I cant seems to find the answer. I am trying to understand whether CMoneyFixedRisk works on different account currency from symbol? E.g. Trading EURUSD but my Account Currency is SGD. Will the 1% fixed risk be
Hello. If I buy a ea and use all free activation is it possible to get more activations? Is it possible to buy the ea a second time to get the activation again
Hi, Mql5 EA that is rented, and running on MT4 VPS is making errors. See attached. The EA says open 0.02 Lots, VPS opens 0.01 Lot, then opens another x2 0.01 lots??? Can anybody help here. Thank you
Hi there, I'm having difficulties programming an EA to execute orders after 4 down/up bars. I want it to consider only the bars in the same day but it executes orders based on the previous day last bars. For example, if the last 4 bars of the previous day where positive it will buy within the first
Any one can help me to make this EA to close opening trade after 30 second
The more I play around and develop EA's I find I am using the same blocks of code again and again (Check for New Bar, Check if a trade is already open, PipDigits and so on). Rather than copy / Paste these from EA to EA I was looking to create a standard library I can import to any EA I make and save
Maybe a quick question, but I'm struggling to find the answer myself. I'm trying to initialise all elements of an array within a struct at struct definition, currently using a constructor. I can't get the right syntax though, or maybe I can't do it this way? - Can someone help? struct myStruct {
I am trying to find all consecutive timeframe pairs (for timeframes from M2 to H1) that preserve a candlestick’s upper wick for the duration of a week and keep updating the pairs regions drawn every 5 minutes. A rectangle will be drawn for the wick area. Let me explain further: This is the array of
  EMA+MACD  (2)
Hello guys... I want to put an EMA inside the MACD indicator. Can anyone help me
  Python MT5  (1)
Hi, so i got the python code for sending orders to the metatrader. However, there is an issue. The buy orders work but every time i try sending a sell order fom python to metatrader, it never sends anything. Does anyone have a solution for this
I want to build a simple martingale strategy to practice with, but i am confused as to how i can check the result of the last trade, whether it hit t.p or s.l. I'd really appreciate it if anyone can help me with the code to use. Thanks in advance :)
I have the same EA running on VPS 1 with 7ms latency and VPS 2 with 20ms latency. They frequently take different trades which is extremely odd to me. (trades on 20ms latency VPS usually are better) EA is trading on an M1 chart on both MT4 terminals. ANY advice would be amazing because I am so