Need help indentifying indicator - page 80

"Naked" chart trading works fine for me too, I use a couple moving averages as well, not really sure why people would use a ton of lagging indicators? Price is price in the end, using indicators to interpret price action is like trying to read with glasses on if you don't need glasses, it's just stupid.

MP -- naked trading

please understand that rare is a move made using only candles WHERE THE CANDLE HAS NOT CLOSED

otherwise is to invite disaster as what a candle starts out to be may well not be what it ends up as and indicators, taking their information from the close of a candle, do EXACTLY the same thing as a closed candle.

just that you happen to like an "open" chart, and i like one that tells me whats happening now, and what will happen an hour from now.

to each his own, but DO NOT PUT INDICATORS DOWN, as candle shapes are NOTHING but a numerical method of the SAME INFORMATION a candle gives --- simply another style and no different or better

enjoy and trade well

get some maturity

mp

EA/Indicator to close open positions

Hey all,

I'm looking for a simple ea or indicator that will close open positions based on a MA crossover.

Any simple ones out there?

Thanks

Try UniversalMACross EA - For Exit On Cross

spyderman:
Hey all,

I'm looking for a simple ea or indicator that will close open positions based on a MA crossover.

Any simple ones out there?

Thanks

Hi Sypderman,

Try Universal MA Cross EA - search Forex-TSD.

It has MA Crossings (up to 3 MA's crossing) and an Exit On Cross function.

It's a good code example to learn from.

Also search TSD for "exit on cross" for more examples.

Hope this helps,

Robert

mp6140:
please understand that rare is a move made using only candles WHERE THE CANDLE HAS NOT CLOSED

otherwise is to invite disaster as what a candle starts out to be may well not be what it ends up as and indicators, taking their information from the close of a candle, do EXACTLY the same thing as a closed candle.

just that you happen to like an "open" chart, and i like one that tells me whats happening now, and what will happen an hour from now.

to each his own, but DO NOT PUT INDICATORS DOWN, as candle shapes are NOTHING but a numerical method of the SAME INFORMATION a candle gives --- simply another style and no different or better

enjoy and trade well

get some maturity

mp

I don't trade off "unclosed" candles, the price action setups I use require the candles to be fully closed before entering. Not sure what you are talking about. Indicators are derivatives of price, candles ARE price. You can't dispute that, it's a fact.

MP -=- candles and indicators are one and the same thing

PRECISELY -- the reason i stated "unclosed candles" was to show that the candle and the indicator are one and the same thing, only using a different visual method, because the indicators are "usually" based on closed price also --- one "could" use indicators that are NOT based on closing price, but then one "could" find themselves in a lot of trouble, just as if using unclosed candles.

Both candles and indicators are "derivatives of price" cause WHAT on earth else can they be and so, yes --- I AM disputing what you say.

each side has their adherents and while I personally use a combination of price movement, an occasional look at the candle formation, the direction and movement of the indicators and MOST IMPORTANTLY the support and resistance areas, I am NOT arguing which is better, although candles alone will not tell me where to set a TP for any timeframe and any time of the day as will the indicators coupled with a good solid knowledge of where EACH AND EVERY support and resistance area lives, just as the banks, brokers and liquidity providers work with, or did you think that everything theyre doing is in the blind ?

in ALL trading, the price moves and BOTH candles and indicators tell us how that price is moving --- both sides are right, so no argument,. but I can beat you second to second using my indicators and s + r points and would put my 2000 odd pips A DAY to you and ask if you do better ?

All I am doing by commenting on what you say is to show the newbs that in ALL financial trading, there is NO ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS WELL, that one does not have to tie themselves to only ONE thing, and them that claims ONE thing works better than another had danged well be ready to prove it !

enjoy and trade well

I do

mp

QUOTE=seantrade;387883]I don't trade off "unclosed" candles, the price action setups I use require the candles to be fully closed before entering. Not sure what you are talking about. Indicators are derivatives of price, candles ARE price. You can't dispute that, it's a fact.

MP -- successful trading is like a college education, just pays more

If one is willing and wanting to put in the time and effort to understand how the markets move, it will take at least a year for you to begin to understand and trade without many losses --- to be competent requires usually two and four years is not so short a time to start to become good.

After that its all you and inherrent abilities --- I make over 2000 pips on days that allow it, trading ONLY EU, but it has taken over 6 years to get to this point because one has to build the knowledge AND the equity to be able to trade 6 - 10 lots at a time.

Imagine the banks trading hundreds of lots per trade --- WOW !

enjoy and trade well

mp

JohnyFXTrader:
What trading experience does trader need to trade like this or how long have you been trading?

mp6140:

I make over 2000 pips on days that allow it, trading ONLY EU,

mp

You sure about that or you mean 200pips instead, though pips count could be very deceptive, and you should have sounded more like that happen once in a while NOT like, thats what you make on a more regular bases.

mp6140:
PRECISELY -- the reason i stated "unclosed candles" was to show that the candle and the indicator are one and the same thing, only using a different visual method, because the indicators are "usually" based on closed price also --- one "could" use indicators that are NOT based on closing price, but then one "could" find themselves in a lot of trouble, just as if using unclosed candles.

Both candles and indicators are "derivatives of price" cause WHAT on earth else can they be and so, yes --- I AM disputing what you say.

each side has their adherents and while I personally use a combination of price movement, an occasional look at the candle formation, the direction and movement of the indicators and MOST IMPORTANTLY the support and resistance areas, I am NOT arguing which is better, although candles alone will not tell me where to set a TP for any timeframe and any time of the day as will the indicators coupled with a good solid knowledge of where EACH AND EVERY support and resistance area lives, just as the banks, brokers and liquidity providers work with, or did you think that everything theyre doing is in the blind ?

in ALL trading, the price moves and BOTH candles and indicators tell us how that price is moving --- both sides are right, so no argument,. but I can beat you second to second using my indicators and s + r points and would put my 2000 odd pips A DAY to you and ask if you do better ?

All I am doing by commenting on what you say is to show the newbs that in ALL financial trading, there is NO ONE WAY OF DOING THINGS WELL, that one does not have to tie themselves to only ONE thing, and them that claims ONE thing works better than another had danged well be ready to prove it !

enjoy and trade well

I do

mp

QUOTE=seantrade;387883]I don't trade off "unclosed" candles, the price action setups I use require the candles to be fully closed before entering. Not sure what you are talking about. Indicators are derivatives of price, candles ARE price. You can't dispute that, it's a fact.

So,

Basically what you are saying is that "price is derived from price", that doesn't make any sense.

Indicators ARE derived from price, and many indicators use the last XX amount of price data to form their illustrations. Therefore, indicators use past price data, sometimes up to 100 or more bars in the past. While price action setups are usually only including the last 1-3 bars; the most relevant ones. Why do you think exponential moving averages are weighted more heavily towards the most recent bars? Because the most recent price action is the most influential and predictive.

I really don't get why you keep saying that "candles" are derived from price, candles ARE price, they literally display the price of a given security for the specified period of time being represented, in its most raw and useful form, not in some squiggly line between two over-bought and over-sold lines.

I agree with you that support and resistance is crucial. Price action trading encompasses support and resistance; everything price related, meaning price and levels, this is price action trading.

Some indicators are fine; like moving averages to illustrate dynamic support and resistance. But when you get into adding numerous indicators over top of your PRICE charts, you are really just hiding the "core" data of the market beneath some hazy interpretation of price that you have to learn a whole new set of skills to decipher. It is simply unnecessary to trade like this, if you are an experienced trader like you claim to be, you would surely understand this and not make such uninformed points.

MP -- what i said is what i meant by golly.

what i said was precisely what was meant --- since well before xmas the daily average has been holding steady in the 2000 range with some off days of course, but few and far between.

if youve been aware of the momentum and volatility on the EU pair, you would understand more easily --- its been plain super !

presently have two students (no charge) who are coming close

ps, its long term trend is DOWN !

enjoy and trade well

mp

kol8701:
You sure about that or you mean 200pips instead, though pips count could be very deceptive, and you should have sounded more like that happen once in a while NOT like, thats what you make on a more regular bases.
Reason: