MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 792

Hi, Is it normal that ChartID() function gives back the very same id of different charts (EURJPY,M15 and EURUSD,M15)? How can I avoid it? Thanks
Hi, after the recent updates in mt4 one script I've been using for 2 years now doesn't work anymore. The script prints server time on charts and I used it to check by eyes if the price is updated to the current time, if server time on chart is not matching computer clock time then I know some...
Hi, in which file on my metatrader account are my last trades saved? Where is the path for that?
[Deleted]
Hello, I am having trouble with large gaps in historical data (300 plus days). I have downloaded, imported and recalculated data from several different locations for several currency pairs and consistantly have gaps through 2012 when testing with the mt4i Data Integrity checker, this is despite the...
[Deleted]
Hi all I need some guidance in settingalerts for Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly High-Low of any pair in MT4. I am not a programmer or expertuser or MT4. What I con do is calculate and set W-M-Q alerts manually for each and every pair . But problem is that… Calculatingthese W,M,Q high-low is too...
I declared a method named EnterTrade() that only takes one variable, an enumeration named TradeDirection. The compiler throws the errors TradeDirection - declaration without type. Why won't this compile? void EnterTrade(TradeDirection dir) { } enum TradeDirection { Long, Short };
does anyone know how I can get the chart background color in mq4? I want to able to automatically decide on the color to use for a symbol in an indicator. e.g. If the chart is white, the use a black symbol, but if the chart is black, use a white symbol. TIA
  change background color  (12   1 2)
Is there a way to change the chart background color depending on a variable in MQL4?
[Deleted]
Hello, is it possible to get any way the background color from the chart, during codeing somethink?
[Deleted]
Hi, does exist way how get reason call deinit() function for this two events: 1. - for close chart fce. UninitializeReason() return REASON_CHARTCLOSE (4) but the same value return for 2. - for close platform MT4 I need / I cann´t distinguish this events from each other :-( ?
I know Build 600 is not the latest Build. But a lot of brokers are offerring this Build as the latest, and it has several important bugs: - .set files not only are not copied to the new location, but also these files are deleted from original location. (!!!!) - Account data is sometimes not corretly...
Dear all, New mql4 build 6.00 has been recently installed in my MT4 platform. Everything was well until I installed an new indicator (new in my platform but created some years ago). I got the mq4 file and I compiled in the new metaeditor. This is what I got: As the ex4 file is not created, I can't...
[Deleted]
  I am completely lost  (46   1 2 3 4 5)
I want to create an "EA" as you call it. Though it's funny that you keep using that as an acronym, as far as I'm concerned, it stands for "evolutionary algorithm" which is exactly what my method actually is. If it works. Which it does, if the spread is low enough. It's on the fence. Anyway, I have
  GetDiskFreeSpaceExA  (12   1 2)
#import "kernel32.dll"       bool GetDiskFreeSpaceA  (string& as_dir, double& al_sectorspercluster, double& al_bytespersector, double& al_freeclusters, double& al_totalclusters);   bool GetDiskFreeSpaceExA(string& as_dir, double& ast_userfreebytes, double& ast_totalbytes, double&...
Hi, I wrote an EA, which work with labels (with ON or OFF text). Everytime a new position is closed, I read the history to check, if there was a stop loss position, if so, the label change to off and the EA is stopped. If I change the label text manually to ON, the EA is working on. My idea is e.g....
Does the mt4 b600+ has hash-arrays? Would be great! Gooly
1st question: From where can I download last stable MT4 and MQL4 platform? I need previous Meta Trader 4 platform and previous Meta Trader 4 Editor. 2nd question: How tu block on last, stable version of MT4 platform any updates? Propably I need last version build 509, but I am not sure.
Hi all, As mentioned in the subject, I wonder if anyone notice this problem with the chart's ability to modify SL H-Line when the opened position is already at exact breakeven stoploss level. When you try to drag the breakeven SL H-Line to lock down further equity profit, the SL H-Line will...
[Deleted]
Hello, when i create a button with the new MT4 and i make a click on the button, then the background does change a bit to make it looks like a button click, but it does not change back after the button have been click. Does somebody know what i mean and know how to let the button look again like...
I want to use MT4's tester to test an EA which runs on other investment products by import their history data. for example, I open history center in MT4 and select "USDJPY ", and import stock's M1 data, such as C, and then get other time frames by converter. so after that, shall I test an EA on...
  BUILD 610 ISSUE  (1)
NONE OF MY OLDER EA'S OR OLDER CUSTOM INDICATORS WILL SHOW UP IN THE NAVAGATOR MENU WHEN I ADD THEM TO THE PLATFORM. WHAT DO I DO NOW? PLATFORM 600 WOULD NOT ALLOW THE ARROWS TO SHOW UP ON THE SCREEN AT THE SAME TIME THE EA WAS ACTIVE. THIS IS ON BOTH XP AND WIN7 OPERATING SYSTEM's.
[Deleted]
  Moving HLine  (5)
Hi, I want to create a HLine with the close price of the current pair. After that I want to change the value of the Horizontal Line by moving it up or down. And it should stay there no mater if I change the time frame or the pair. My problem is, that if I change the pair, the Horizontal Line does...
Hello Guys Could you please advise how can i set to send a notification every 4 hours, or as soon as a new candle comes to the chart?
For any moderator or someone knowledgeable: Is there any news about the custom optimizer bug? I understand that there may be other more urgent bugs. Those affecting the operation of EA. But the Custom Optimizer is in my opinion one of the few real improvements in hundreds of builds. And maybe the...
Hi, guys, im new to mql4 and this forum~ i hope i can get some help with my problem here. A couple days ago, i just started my first simple ea by just using icustome function with some indicator, i thought everything is done until i started to backtest it. There was a serious problem: the...
[Deleted]
I am aware of the New MT4+MT5 and having many problems. It seems to be working now on both of my HP Laptop computers. I also know it is going to take some time just to learn the ins and outs of this thing. I have been reading some articles on it and from what I see is, it pretty much has imported a
  SetIndexBuffer()  (8)
The tooltip says: Using SetIndexBuffer() the tooltip says: [1 of 2] bool SetIndexBuffer(int buffer_num,double&double_array[],ENUM_INDEXBUFFER_TYPE buffer_mode=INDICATOR_DATA) What is the 1 of 2 refering to and what is the ENUM_INDEXBUFFER_TYPE .... parameter ? The docs I have don't mention a...
[Deleted]
Hi, my script is: double lots = 0.1; // Lotsizeint ticket;int start(){ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUY, lots, Bid, 3, 0, 0);return(0);} it gives the error: buy-with-sl EURUSD,M5: trade operations not allowed by settings when i want to run it on my Chart... why?
  XAG/USD's lot size  (11   1 2)
Something I learned recently was that when trading 1 lot of XAG/USD, the value per pip can vary depending on the broker. For example, on SVS Securities broker, if you buy 1 lot, each pip movement is worth $50.00. And on Admiral Markets broker, buying 1 lot means each pip movement is worth $5.00,...
Just trying to test this and no way to run any external program from the expert... could you help me? I'm getting always error code 2 on the alert popup window. Build 610 Running on a WIndows 7 Ultimate machine. #import "shell32.dll"   int ShellExecuteA(int hWnd, string Verb, string File, string...