MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1650

not the worst bug in the world but still a bug is a bug :) Consider a function like this, residing in the mq4 file of a library: #property library // #include <CommonLib.mqh> string PeriodToStr( int iPeriod ){ switch( iPeriod ) { case PERIOD_M1: return ("1 minute"); case...
  AlexmanConcursExpert  (12   1 2)
I wonder if anyone has tried this EA. I found it on the competition site. Most of the associated writing is in Russian or Chinese, so I'm having difficulty working out how to set it up. I have found out that it's for GBPUSD, H1, but there's a library file with it, that I don't know what to do with....
Hey, a question for somebody from MetaQUotes Soft about the bug tracking web pageyou have: I have reported several bugs there but never gotten a reply, not even an auto reply.There is no bug number that is assigned to your bug report, you can't see yourreport later, so you can't really "track" the...
If you have make an OrderSelect call in a library you can not expect the orderto be useable when your program control returns back to you main expert file! Inmy case executing code like this: bool bHaveSellOrders = SelectFirstSellPosition( _MagicNumber ); while(bHaveSellOrders) {...
  multi order ea.  (2)
need some help . i have an ea that need to send orders will some of them still open.on a backtesting with open it run very good, but when i run it with tick or inreal time after the first order the next on is all the max ordered allowd. whatneed to be done in order that each time only one order will...
Loading inputs from a saved .set file after recompilation does not work - it showsthe inputs as loaded but they are not! This is obvious by observing the work ofthe EA (my EA anyway - because I can see from the way it operates that it doesnot use the values from the load file) and can also be...
This code (which by the way resides in a library) //+------------------------------------------------------------------+// will return true when called within iSecondsAllowed seconds of the // beginning of the current candle. In cases when the first tick of the // new candle arrives later than...
Hi, when writing expert indicators, we call on the indicator RSI by "iRSI". However, if i have written a custom indicator "iFX" and i wish to callon this function in my expert indicator, how do i call it? Anyone can help me out with this? i hope i have explained my problem clear:) Thanks in...
How do you set an alert/playsound to go off when an indicator hits it's extremes? I've tried to insert: //---- PlaySound if(k<0.01) PlaySound("sample.wav"); if(k>99.99) PlaySound("sample.wav"); return(0); } at then end of my Stochastic .mq4 file but it does not seem to work
Hi All! I wrote an indicator for a 1 minute chart. It shows drawing arrows. The value ofthe arrows are -3 or 16 depend on my defined condition ( EMA(CCI(13),5) rise AND> 0 ) is false or true. The indicator works fine. I would like to receive datas (of LOA9 variable) from the above indicator for...
[Deleted]
Is it possible to create indicators and EAs that will only work for a given broker? In other words if you wanted to create a brokerage using the metatrader platform would you be able to develop your own signaling package and keep it proprietary
Basically I would like to reinitialize one variable if the user changes the inputsvalues. I think that if the user changes the input, the EA is not reloaded but just theinputs are reloaded. Are also the EA's globlal variables reinitialised or is there anything that isrun when the inputs are...
[Deleted]
Hi, everyone!! I wish your all success in FX market!! This is my test code in Expert Adviser. I expected the results like this. ..................... 2007.02.15 00:00,4996 2007.02.15 04:00,4997 2007.02.15 08:00,4998 2007.02.15 12:00,4999 2007.02.15 16:00,5000 But, I couldn't get this.....
After reading the article on Modes of Modeling ('Strategy Tester: Modes of Modeling during Testing') there's still several things which are not clear. Could somebody from the metatraderteam explain please whether this is the expected behaviour of the tester: I have the following problem - I am...
[Deleted]
I am frustrated with coding on MT4. iBarShift has serious bugs with it... for example.. iBarShift(GBPUSD,1,Time[1],false); //on 1H TF gives an output of 43 iBarShift(USDCHF,1,Time[1],false);//gives an output of 40 All I am asking for is 1 hour without it missing bars! Its would be a miracle to...
[Deleted]
Hi Everyone, First post here so be gentle. I've been looking at FXGame recently but in the lastweek have come over to MetaTrader to have a look around. I've created the EA below, but, here's my problem. A ticket is created, after which a trailing stop is added. Trailing Stops onlycome into...
[Deleted]
Hello, Sorry for such a noob question. I downloaded a few indicators from the Code Base but don't understand the protocol to import them into MetaTrader. Can someone please explain as I didn't understand the help file either. Thank you
[Deleted]
Hi, has someone an installation instruction of MetaTrader on a linux virtual privateserver. Maybe someone is interested to config/install metatrader on a vps for smallmoney?
[Deleted]
What is the most accurate way to Backtest using MT4 (BUILD 202)?? Every Tick, Control Points, or Open Prices Only?? Also how accurate is it? Doesit depend on the broker?? I use Interbank FX.
Hi All, I'm working on Back Testing of my EA. I realised that the tester doesn't work theway I expected. I describe: I am back-testing an EA on EURUSD, M1, day of 2007.01.02 I use a code to get information about the datas of the bar at the time of 17 hours55 minutes. if (Hour() == 17 && Minute()...
[Deleted]
Hi there, I managed to draw a trendline on my chart (well, let my EA draw one of course :)).But now comes the thing I actually need to know: how can I find out when the pricecrosses the trendline I drew? For example: I connected the highs during the last10 candles forming a resistance line. How can...
  This EA needs repair  (13   1 2)
This EA was coded to the following criteria: (see several posts below) The system simply buys and/or sells at a certain time of day (GMT), and either takes a profit or is stopped out. No indicators. 1) Must work on any pair, any timeframe. 2) Needs option for lot size 3) Needs option of buying...
I am looking for EA or EA's to use on live accounts trading from M5 - H4. Must bestable and at present free. I seem to be going round in cricles looking at variousEA's... from Firebird v.65 to Phoenix and 10points3. Has anyone got real experienceof trading for real, if so please get in touch. mark...
[Deleted]
  StochEA v0.1  (8)
This is an EA which me and my brother created for the past few months. its only profitable (actually very) on EUR/USDchart with 4H timeframe. I would be happy if you guys would check it out and comment this EA. Thanx, Tom. Explanations: StochEA2.mq4 - The EA 0.1 version. stochea-eurusd-4h.zip -...
[Deleted]
I have downloaded several indicator's to my MT4 platform and they show up on thecustom indicators list. but when I attach them to the chart nothing happens. Itshows the indicator being there but that is it.  Can someone please assistme in getting these indicators to work Thanks.
Hi: I cut and past one of the indicator from this site and inbed it in my expert. However,I have a difficulty geting it to work. Here is the setup. // -------------------------Property--------------------------------- #property indicator_color1 Blue // Medium at max or min #property...
[Deleted]
From the Expert program I write a variable into a file. handle = FileOpen( "test.text",FILE_WRITE|FILE_BIN); FileWriteInteger(handle,BarsOrderOpen); FileClose(handle);This file is stored as listing.......tester files. With icustom import I bring my indicator into the Expert program. My indicator...
  Bar size expert  (9)
Hello experts, I´ve been trying to develop my own expert but it is harder than I thought. What I want is this: I want the expert to calculate the average bar size of the last 15 periods, ifthe last bar is larger than the average and it is a bull bar then color it in blue,if it is a bear bar...
When you recompile an expert the strategy tester, displays a messages saying that the expert was reloaded due to recompilation. What happens if you you recompile it during a long optimization run? Will it reloadit and start testing the remaining optimization cases with the new, recompiledagent?...
[Deleted]
Strategy Tester ReportCZ_5 & 3 grupos_001_restrivcoes SB_03 Symbol EURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar) Period 5 Minutes (M5) 2006.11.09 02:00 - 2007.02.06 17:05 Parameters TakeProfit=2; StopLoss=20; Lots=4;...