MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 143

Hi, When trying to test bitcoin on the strategy tester and regardless of period, time frame or expert tested the whole MT4 application freezes, similarly to when you try to run a program with an infinite loop. I have already deleted and re-downloaded it and it has not helped. Has this happened to
Does any one can tell: What are differences among OnCalculate(), start()  and OnStart()? How to get prev_calculated value in start() function? Cheers
I have a csv file MACD.csv I want to learn how to load data into script and EA's but i'm stuck , no array is read and sometimes changing the code leads to long array numbers that i find irrelevant to what I want 2021.07 . 14 17 : 00 : 00 ; false ; 20 2021.07 . 13 09 : 00 : 00 ; true ; 20 2021.07
Hi All, At the risk of sounding stupid... I've set up my EA, the second I synchronize it with the VPS - the smiley face turns to a sad face. I understand this means it's not operating correctly... Is there anything I need to know about this / what can I do about it? Hope you can help
[Deleted]
I already have this indicator but why this indicator works just on keytomarkets? doesn't work on icmarkets <ex4 file removed>
  Draw line from High to High  (17   1 2)
Hi everyone, i'm new to programming and to this nice forum :D with this code i'm trying to draw a line from the previous day high to the current day high, i got the values for each but couldn't specify the time correctly void OnTick () { datetime YesterdayDate= iTime ( NULL , PERIOD_D1 , 1 ); //
Hello, i need a very simple code to get data from file. in the file have some data in lines. Example: 2021.01.01 01:00:00 2022.01.02 01:00:00 2023.01.03 01:00:00 2024.01.04 01:00:00 2025.01.05 01:00:00 i am using this method with manual. string list[] = { "2021.01.01 01:00" , "2022.02.02 01:00"
[Deleted]
Hello,  I'm using a demo account downloaded from metaquotes (metatrader 4) and I absolutely cannot trade some of the currencies EG the EUR/CHF. Weather I click Sell or Buy it's the same. It's giving me the "Off Quotes" message every time. Anybody has an idea what is going on? 
Hello all This expert is placed on only one chart It will show you the profits of the day, week, month and DD Preferably place it on a VPS server I wish you all good luck
Trailing stop issue. I've been trying to solve this problem for a few days now but cannot see the problem. Searched the internet, forums, and youtube without any success. ApplyTrailingStop function does not work properly. I cannot find out why so. I think it may have to do with the condition
I keep getting this red notification in the top right corner of the mt4 terminal about some indicators or ea's I have tried years ago and it's really annoying, can this be turned off somehow
Hello everyone. I'm creating a simple indicator that draws an arrow when the price hits upper or lower Bollinger Band and then another arrow JUST AFTER A COUPLE OF MINUTES (let it be 2 mintes) at the current Time and Price coordinates. Right now I'm trying to make it work with EA template with 1
Please help me convert this fibo indicator to mtf. //------------------------------------------------------------------ // // //------------------------------------------------------------------ #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1 extern int ExtDepth = 30 ;
string list[]= { "EUR" , "CHF" , "GBP" , "JPY" , "AUD" , "CAD" , "NZD" , "CHF" }; for ( int i= 0 ; i< ArraySize (list); i++) string primer=list[i]; { for (i= 0 ; i< ArraySize (list); i++) { string second =list[i]; string currency = StringConcatenate (primer, second);
  Level Advanced Trading  (36   1 2 3 4)
We have level trading here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (links to 2 threads) and I tried to implement something. It may be interesting for the people who are drawing support/resistance lunes and confirm/validate it by price movement in very classical way (twice crossing of possible...
As we promised, we will soon release a beta version of the new MetaTrader History Center service. This is a web-service providing in-depth minute history for many financial instruments (so far only Forex). The function of downloading the history data is integrated in MetaTrader in the History Center
I cam across this MT4 Indicator Tester on one of the forum on MQL5. It's excellent and works well. Only problem is that, every time I want to test new indicator. I have to edit the mql4 code, add the name of the indicator and recompile it. Is it possible to add input code in it, so it allows me to
Hi guys, I use several experts on my MT4s via a VPS. Last week I asked for the upgrade of the VPS (CPU and Ram) and after the upgrade my MT4s were all logged out of my accounts and all my experts no longer work. I can't connect them to the chart ... as if they are disabled. What parameter is read
Hi, I'd really apreciate some help with the fixing of this code, that pretends to plot 3 curves: b,c and one named ku derived from some extra calculations with other arrays. Facts are that no problem getting the values of b and c and be shown on the chart, but I'm not able to see whats the problem
Hello ~ HELP PLEASE * I suspect scam Provided with a MT4 global live person. But how does one check or verify if agent suggested is real? I've read many scams on MT4 more so than MT5. *See pic attached *name/email/alt. phone number...? ***think scam listed as: MT4customer service manage
Hi everyone, I need an RSI indicator that will work on MA indicator (separate window). I separate MA indicator and put on it RSI with setup Previous indicator data. Can some one help me for this to make it code on mt4? Thanks
Hello I have account with hugos way but they don't have options trading to use on MT4. Anyone know of broker that connects to MT4 that allows us stock option trades? Thank you
Hi Does anyone know how to move backwards candle by candle in MT4 strategy tester? Many thanks for any help. Regards Hugo
This has no onTrade event in mt4. so ,how to know pending order trigger
Been using mt4 for a while now but for some reason my version was very limited in the toolbar. Downloaded a new version and entered my broker by no luck with completing the log in. Reset the PW and still no luck. Could log into the old version with the new PW but not the new one. Anyone have a
Hi, Hope I am placing in the right place My MODE_MARGININIT for different currency pairs is always 0, please help. Print("GBPUSD.s MODE_MARGININIT=", MarketInfo("GBPUSD.s",MODE_MARGININIT)) ; //returns 0 Print("JPYUSD.s MODE_MARGININIT=", MarketInfo("JPYUSD.s",MODE_MARGININIT)) ; //returns 0 I
If I have a statement like this: if(Bool1() || Bool2()){...} where Bool1 returns True and Bool2 produces an error; does this if-statement produce an error or does Bool2() get ignored. In other words, are if-statements eagerly evaluated in the MQL4 Language
how can I add M45 timeframe and M90 timeframe to the (timeframes toolbar) in MetaTrader4 platform ??? I know how to make these two timeframes by (PeriodConverter) script of MT4, but I want to add these two timeframes (or any other timeframe I make) as buttons on the timeframes toolbar (permanently)
Hello dear friends I am writing an expert and I wanted to use ROC indicator. My problem is in backtesting the indocator doesnt give me any signal and when I read the output in my EA it comes as infinity. I also tried many different ROC from different websites. would you please help me if you have
Hi good people. May I Kindly ask, is there anyone who has a source code for the attached indicators. if not , may anyone kindly assist convert these indicators into mq4 files. I want to make an EA based on this indicator,s they very reliable and accurate in trading. Please any help. Thank you so