Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 332

Hey Guys I have two subclasses with lots of the same functions and I would like to call a series of same functions from both classes, the simplest example of what I would like to do is below (btw I use "virtual" to ensure the sub-base function is prioritized over superclass function!) int...
Hi, As an EA developer, I wonder how does product updates work on the market. Once I publish a new version of a product, do the buyers get notified about it ? Does it install automatically on their terminal or do they have to do it manually? Other related question: is it allowed to use a WebRequest...
Hi, I am quite new with the automated trading. Trying the Strategy Tester with a Metaquotes demo account I found the spread being too high, peaks of more than 40 pips, this crush the scalping strategy I am trying to test. I didn'tfind any way to adjust that like with MT4. Is there any way to set the...
string TEST_A[3] = {"TEST_A_1", "TEST_A_2", "TEST_A_3"};string TEST_B[5] = {"TEST_B_1", "TEST_B_2", "TEST_B_3", "TEST_B_4", "TEST_B_5"};string TESTEnum[8];ArrayResize(TESTEnum, ArraySize(TEST_A)+ArraySize(TEST_B), ArraySize(TEST_A)+ArraySize(TEST_B));    for(int i=0; i<ArraySize(TEST_A); i++)...
Im developing a system based on xgboost (for CPU), and neural networks (for GPU), whit automatic training, hyper- parameter optimization, trading parameters optimizer, portfolio optimizer... im building it on python and Cython (the parts that require to run fast)... currently i have two guys more on
I need a molule of signal to close positions and delete all pending orders at especific time. I´m using the wizard of MQL5 to generate my EAs and can`t let any position openned after 17:30, for example. I am able to not trade after 17:30, but one position openned before this time remais for the next...
Hello, someone would know tell me what criteria the virtual mql hosting assigns the number of bars per chart? For example I have 65963 bars for USDJPY and only 3933 bars for EURUSD ...Thanks so much!
[Deleted]
could anybody give me readfile and writefile function to deal with out of mt4 own directory, ths!:>>
Dear all, do you have an idea how to get the "All Time High" value of the balance of a trade account? For example: if the balance of a trade account was 25.000$ last year and if I restart the EA in the same trade account today and it has only a value of 17.000$ I want the EA to calculate the Draw...
Goodmorning, I would like to address an issue that concerns them; on how it iscalculated the drawdown. When we doa BT in relationships they are described 3 Drawdown. Absolute Maximum,Relative From thedefinitions that I found on the internet, 1) AbsoluteDrawdown is the difference between the initial...
My EA is compiling well, but when l try to run it in platform it return INVALID POINTER error here is the code //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ void Strategy::GetRequiredCharts(string &charts[])   {    ArrayResize(charts,1);    charts[0]=GetSymbol()+"...
Hi everyone, I am new to mql4 programming and I have been trying to develop a expert advisor that will enter based on a certain condition, however I have managed to make the entry part work, but the problem is that I only want to have 1 buy and 1 sell entry everyday, for now, whenever the EA will...
When trading I would like for some indicators to load up on the screen and exit 15 minutes later. Are there any examples or articles?
Can't figure out where to ask this, so I'll try here. I just tried to subscribe to signal Eva Expert and got the following error: Subscription failed The Signal subscription cannot be renewed, because new subscriptions are not allowed for the Signal According to the reviews for the signal, MQL5
  Abnormal Termination Problem  (18   1 2)
Dear community. I am absolutly sure the problem i am facing is caused by my own stupidity :). Anyway i can not find a propper solution in my own brain, so i am here willing to learn from the wiser ones. Let me start with my snippet here: for ( int i= 0 ; i < SymbolsTotal ( false ) ; i++ ) {
double test[3][2] = { {1.11, "test1"}, {2.22, "test2"}, {3.33,"test3"} };// Result - compiler warnings "implicit conversion from 'string' to 'number'"// 1.11, 0// 2.22, 0// 3.33, 0double test[3][2] = { {1.11, (char)"test1"}, {2.22, (char)"test2"}, {3.33,(char)"test3"} };// Result - no compiler...
Hi all, I wrote an EA on MA crossover strategy but got weird result when I did a back test on it. As you can see from the images above, there is a buy order executed at 11:05 but the two MA lines did not cross. There shouldn't be any trade. I am on Exponential MA method, 5 minutes chart, next buy...
Hello! I am using copyrates to get data.  MqlRates t_rates[];ArraySetAsSeries(t_rates,true);CopyRates( Symbol() , 0 , 0 , bars_total , t_rates ); so i ecxpect t_rates[i].time to be a unixtimestamp. But if i write it to file for example it becomes "Human readable". How to write it as a int to file?...
I have an EA that strategy tests too slow and i was hoping someone could help me with it. if anyone is willing to help let me know and ill pm you the EA.
Hi all, ‌I am trying to : 1. set the trade size to x% of account balance and 2‌. set the stop loss to y% of account balance However, I found that trade size formula depends on stop loss and vice versa. This creates dependent loop between them. ‌‌This is the function that I found in another thread:...
hi how to add spread on my current EA. any help thank you.
I'm quite new to MQL and have trouble figuring this out. The current code I have keeps on spamming orders. Am I doing something wrong?    for(int i=0;i<10;i++){        if(closeprice>=prend[i] && closeprice<=prstart[i]){            Buy();            break;}     
I caught a 4756 error [Invalid stops], but I don't known that is happening here... There is a buy position at 3284.000 with SL 3269.000. The current price is 3296.000.  At this moment, I tried to set a new SL to 3284.020 and I got the error: 2017.01.16 16:17:00   CTrade::OrderSend: modify WDO$D (sl...
Hey guys been starting at the screen for days trying to do this and recently new to coding so i dont really know what i am doing too well so would love some help on what to do here. I managed to get all the errors away and now i have warnings but i do not know how to get rid of them :( Could  anyway...
[Deleted]
  Buy Code Robot  (2)
Hi guys,i'm learning about MQL5 and i'm trying to make a simple robot. I‌ need to buy after the HIGH price of the hammer,but now ,i'm buying at the same price. I‌'ve tried to put a order above but this give me Stop invalid. I‌ dont know how to do that,if you could help :) ‌ ‌ t‌o buy,i'm using this...
Recently, I have a big problem. Meta Editor suddenly stopworking and need to play again for continue. Sometimes this situation make alot of risk on my account. I hadn’t this problem until last week, it’s appearnow and I can’t fix it. Recently, I installed 10 Meta trader program atdifferent path in...
Hi, Does anyone know how to check for historical data & integrity on the whole chart in MQL ? ‌
Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong with this Indicator that I am trying to write? I tried numerous methods for pulling the EMA moving averages but at this point, I think the problem is somewhere in the main loop of reading the candles and the buffer sizes of the EMA's. I am a...
I'm trying to use the <> expert advisor in MT4, but every time I load it into a chart I get an 'authorization error' in the top left corner of the chart and the trade does not open. Does anyone have any idea why this could be happening?
‌‌If I buy this bar, and setting stop at low-20 point. C‌an I draw the line as trailing stop line in MT5 EA? When the low higher that move  trailing stop line. Have any example for this case can let me study? Thank you. L‌ike this picture.‌ ‌