Discussion of article "Create Your Own Graphical Panels in MQL5"

New article Create Your Own Graphical Panels in MQL5 is published:

The MQL5 program usability is determined by both its rich functionality and an elaborate graphical user interface. Visual perception is sometimes more important than fast and stable operation. Here is a step-by-step guide to creating display panels on the basis of the Standard Library classes on your own.

Author: MetaQuotes

One can wonder why using MQL5 Wizard to build a class produce a code that doesn't compile :

As stated in the article, you have to add this line of code manually, this is a little weird for a Wizard intended for non-coder

#include <Controls\Dialog.mqh>

Also :

This article will demonstrate how easy it is to create your own display panels in a separate chart subwindow using the Standard Library classes.

I think this is a joke, not ?

MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management - and your work is done! Create your own implementations of modules or order them via the Jobs service - and combine your new modules with existing ones.

" this is a little weird for a Wizard intended for non-coder."

I do not think that this wizard is for non-coders.

It might get you (the novice programmer) a foot in the necessary first steps to create something.

The MQL5 framework offers a lot of potential and some of it might be discovered with wizard creations

but I think to get something more complex like this example you will allways need the basics of programming.

But I agree it should be necessary to include the obvious stuff if you derive form a base class...

ugo58:

" this is a little weird for a Wizard intended for non-coder."

I do not think that this wizard is for non-coders.

It might get you (the novice programmer) a foot in the necessary first steps to create something.

The MQL5 framework offers a lot of potential and some of it might be discovered with wizard creations

but I think to get something more complex like this example you will allways need the basics of programming.

But I agree it should be necessary to include the obvious stuff if you derive form a base class...

You are probably right, but I thought MQL5 Wizard was designed first for non-coder. Anyway the issue is like a bug here, as you have to add code manually to compile the code created by Wizard.

MQL5 Wizard: Creating Expert Advisors without Programming
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
Do you want to try out a trading strategy while wasting no time for programming? In MQL5 Wizard you can simply select the type of trading signals, add modules of trailing positions and money management - and your work is done! Create your own implementations of modules or order them via the Jobs service - and combine your new modules with existing ones.

Is there a simple way to add tab key navigation to such a panel?

Hello,

How can i change the color of the caption "Panel Indicator"?

Laszlo Tormasi:

Hello,

How can i change the color of the caption "Panel Indicator"?

I have figured it out.

I tried to use this article to make my own program and the work is progressing .

Hi,

As soon as I use a CDialog feature in one of my indicators, all graphical windows using this indicator close upon compilation.

Do you know how I can solve this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Philippe

Reason: