Where can I programmatically get a count of the input parameters of an indicator, custom or otherwise?

It would be awesome, before using IndicatorCreate, to get a total/count of the indicator's input parameters. Where can I get this in MQL5?

Millard Melnyk: It would be awesome,
Live in ignorance

William Roeder #:
Live in ignorance

I've consistently found that when people slather their "help" with put-downs, implicit scorn, and superior airs, they are prime examples of the faults they knock in others. I'll add you to my "confirmation of that idea" list.

Millard MelnykIt would be awesome, before using IndicatorCreate, to get a total/count of the indicator's input parameters. Where can I get this in MQL5?

IndicatorParameters - Timeseries and Indicators Access - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Return Value

The number of input parameters of the indicator with the specified handle. In case of an error returns -1. For more details about the error call the GetLastError() function.

Getting indicator settings by its handle - Creating application programs - MQL5 Programming for Traders - MetaTrader 5 algorithmic/automatic trading language manual

Millard Melnyk #Thank you!

You are welcome!! 👍

Reason: