Discussing the article: "Understanding Programming Paradigms (Part 2): An Object-Oriented Approach to Developing a Price Action Expert Advisor"

Check out the new article: Understanding Programming Paradigms (Part 2): An Object-Oriented Approach to Developing a Price Action Expert Advisor.

Learn about the object-oriented programming paradigm and its application in MQL5 code. This second article goes deeper into the specifics of object-oriented programming, offering hands-on experience through a practical example. You'll learn how to convert our earlier developed procedural price action expert advisor using the EMA indicator and candlestick price data to object-oriented code.

In the first article I introduced programming paradigms and focused on how to implement procedural programming in MQL5. I also explored functional programming. After gaining a deeper understanding of how procedural programming works, we created a basic price action expert advisor using the exponential moving average indicator (EMA) and candlestick price data.

This article will take a deeper dive into the object-oriented programming paradigm. We'll then apply this knowledge to transform the procedural code of the previously developed expert advisor from the first article into object-oriented code. This process will deepen our understanding of the main differences between these two programming paradigms.

As you read, bear in mind that the primary goal isn't to showcase a price action strategy. Instead, I aim to illustrate and help you gain a deeper understanding of how various programming paradigms function and how we can implement them in MQL5. The simple price action expert advisor we develop is the secondary goal and serves as a guide to demonstrate how we can apply this in a real-world example.

Author: Kelvin Muturi Muigua

Hello! Are you planning to publish a Russian translated version of your article? I read the article using Google Translator, and as a novice programmer, I really liked it. I would like to read it in the author’s translation, since Google translates not only the text of the article itself, sometimes losing the meaning of a phrase or definition, but also fragments of code, which is bad for perception. Thank you for your work!  

Sergey Voytsekhovsky #:
Hello! Are you planning to publish a Russian translated version of your article? I read the article using Google Translator, and as a novice programmer, I really liked it. I would like to read it in the author’s translation, since Google translates not only the text of the article itself, sometimes losing the meaning of a phrase or definition, but also fragments of code, which is bad for perception. Thank you for your work!  

Hello Sergey! Thank you for your interest in the article! I appreciate your feedback and am glad you found it helpful. The article will be translated into Russian by the moderator since I'm not proficient in the Russian language, so stay tuned! Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Reason: