Terminal force update

Hey, I just checked my MT4 terminals and I was forced to update to 1401, however now all of my EAs and backtests don't work on any currency. Is there a way I can use older terminal like 1380 without getting forced to update by the broker? 

I used it until now and it was working perfectly, when I try terminal 1380 atm only backtests work since I'm forced to update with "Old version" restriction, any way to resolve the issue? Thanks!

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

spiritpaze:Hey, I just checked my MT4 terminals and I was forced to update to 1401, however now all of my EAs and backtests don't work on any currency. Is there a way I can use older terminal like 1380 without getting forced to update by the broker?  I used it until now and it was working perfectly, when I try terminal 1380 atm only backtests work since I'm forced to update with "Old version" restriction, any way to resolve the issue? Thanks!

Are the EAs that stopped working perhaps Market products?

If so, then it is because you now have to log in with your MQL5 Community account that was used to purchase them.

If not, then look into the Journal and Experts logs for warnings and errors to help identify the reason for the issue.

If you are using 3rd party tools for the back-tests, that may be the cause too, and you will have to update those 3rd party tools.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Are the EAs that stopped working perhaps Market products?

If so, then it is because you now have to log in with your MQL5 Community account that was used to purchase them.

If not, then look into the Journal and Experts logs for warnings and errors to help identify the reason for the issue.

If you are using 3rd party tools for the back-tests, that may be the cause too, and you will have to update those 3rd party tools.

I’m using third-party however there are no errors, it just runs the backtest but compared to 1380 terminal it doesn’t open any orders.

spiritpaze #:

I’m using third-party however there are no errors, it just runs the backtest but compared to 1380 terminal it doesn’t open any orders.
Same problem here, no error but terminal cant open any order

budi #:
Same problem here, no error but terminal cant open any order
Got like 20% of my EAs working by downgrading to terminal 1400, interestingly that doesn’t force you to update, what a bs anyways, what’s the issue with someone using older terminals…

spiritpaze #:
Got like 20% of my EAs working by downgrading to terminal 1400, interestingly that doesn’t force you to update, what a bs anyways, what’s the issue with someone using older terminals…
In 2-3month build1400 also become old version and ea will not running again

'My EAs" means stolen/hacked/pirated.

MetaQuotes #:
'My EAs" means stolen/hacked/pirated.
Never did I say I coded them lmao. How would you know that it isn’t a free version or a edited source code of the original EA that has been given by creator? Also what’s the issue with getting EAs that have been discontinued in like 2020 and are not available to be bought anymore and the creator vanished??

spiritpaze #Never did I say I coded them lmao. How would you know that it isn’t a free version or a edited source code of the original EA that has been given by creator? Also what’s the issue with getting EAs that have been discontinued in like 2020 and are not available to be bought anymore and the creator vanished??

The problem with getting an EA that was discontinued in 2020 is just that, it is discontinued.

In any case if you are using third party EAs we can't help you with that, only the author can if he doesn't have the code.

Both the terminal and the MQL language itself are evolving for the users own security. You should be able to appreciate that. It's not something that goes against you, nobody here has an interest in 4 year old code not working anymore, nor is there a judeo-masonic conspiracy behind it. It's simply evolution.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba #:

The problem with getting an EA that was discontinued in 2020 is just that, it is discontinued.

In any case if you are using third party EAs we can't help you with that, only the author can if he doesn't have the code.

Both the terminal and the MQL language itself are evolving for the users own security. You should be able to appreciate that. It's not something that goes against you, nobody here has an interest in 4 year old code not working anymore, nor is there a judeo-masonic conspiracy behind it. It's simply evolution.

I understand to some degree, however I highly doubt that the newest build evolved so hard from ex. 1380 that it needs to be forcefully updated. Lets say 2 year old terminal build, I’d get that.
Reason: