Discussion of article "Alan Andrews and his methods of time series analysis"

New article Alan Andrews and his methods of time series analysis has been published:

Alan Andrews is one of the most famous "educators" of the modern world in the field of trading. His "pitchfork" is included in almost all modern quote analysis programs. But most traders do not use even a fraction of the opportunities that this tool provides. Besides, Andrews' original training course includes a description not only of the pitchfork (although it remains the main tool), but also of some other useful constructions. The article provides an insight into the marvelous chart analysis methods that Andrews taught in his original course. Beware, there will be a lot of images.

I believe, all modern chart analysis applications include Andrews Pitchfork. In advanced systems, some additional lines are added to the three main lines (for example, "side" levels are added in MetaTrader 5 for more convenience). Some developers include "Schiff pitchfork", "modified Schiff pitchfork" or even "inward pitchfork" in their programs.

The simplicity of these lines encourages developers to be creative.

However, those who have not read Alan Andrews' original course often ask "Why do we need so many different pitchforks? How to use them in trading? What additional indicators should I add to make my trading better, more precise and more pleasant?"

The original course answers all these questions. Ii is even available for free. However, its style might seem too heavy and incomprehensible to some readers.

That is why I decided to write this article. I think it is time to reveal the truth to those who did not know it. :-)

Author: Oleh Fedorov

Max Brown #:
In this age of supply and demand, smart money concepts and order flow, you can't seriously believe that straight lines on a chart are the best way to trade.  In the modern age we have moved beyond straight-lines and esoteric postulations that aren't hinged on the modern realities of price action and order flow.

I believe in lines, especially with levels... It is working for me very well.

Oleh Fedorov #:

Thanks for the script.

Max Brown #:
In this age of supply and demand, smart money concepts and order flow, you can't seriously believe that straight lines on a chart are the best way to trade.  In the modern age we have moved beyond straight-lines and esoteric postulations that aren't hinged on the modern realities of price action and order flow.

I also believe in lines and spent too much time exploring them, including trendlines, wolfe waves and other but none of them actually worked for me as i was failed to perform trade on them even if they used to be working due to my psychology or mindset, but its a good article and I still believe Fibo channel and Pitchfork are best trend anlaysis tool.

Arpit T #:

I also believe in lines and spent too much time exploring them, including trendlines, wolfe waves and other but none of them actually worked for me as i was failed to perform trade on them even if they used to be working due to my psychology or mindset, but its a good article and I still believe Fibo channel and Pitchfork are best trend anlaysis tool.

Me too!!  I also believe there are easier ways to trade.

Oleh Fedorov #:

The Horn of Plenty is plentiful in live trading.

Reason: