Discussion of article "CCI indicator. Upgrade and new features"

New article CCI indicator. Upgrade and new features has been published:

In this article, I will consider the possibility of upgrading the CCI indicator. Besides, I will present a modification of the indicator.

But there are also areas where the difference is quite noticeable.

A small Expert Advisor for comparing indicators

Visual comparisons are subjective and may lead to incorrect conclusions. We need more reliable basis for our conclusions. To evaluate all indicator version, let's write a simple Expert Advisor. Let's assign it the same rules for opening and closing positions, and compare the results. I will use the following rules — crossing a given level opens a position in one direction and closes positions in the opposite direction (if any).

Author: Aleksej Poljakov

124346 #:
Professional and well-made article, congratulations for the quality of the article.

I inform you about the research and the results obtained.
Subject: Many traders and computer scientists ignore to optimize the batch with math formulas, statistics

Problem:
It is given: A strategy that has been improved with indicator filters and optimized external data.
Required: Improving the strategy using only batch modification at certain times

You're not allowed:
• To introduce other indicators
• To modify external parameters from the original strategy
• Test the "batch performance" strategy for a period other than the original one

You are allowed:
• To enter the time counter or batch necessary for batch changes
• To use the statistics from the tester from the original strategy and to enter formulas in the original code for Lot modification

Counseling:
Lot takes different values ​​and for a comparison with chess we have LotPawn, LotHorse, etc

The results obtained: I increased the profit by 60% with the same DDmax, but my solutions are amateur due to the technical and human resources. A professionally done article with adequate resources would be interesting.

Stages for an EA:
1. Introduction filter indicators test and optimization
2. Batch filter introduction

The simplest of your conditions is the lot size. There are four options here - a fixed lot, a lot for linear, exponential or exponential growth of the deposit. You can add more hyperbolic growth, but this is only for risk takers.

But all other conditions require additional research. Creating a bank of filters on which an Expert Advisor could work is no longer an easy task. It is necessary to provide for the possibility of its work with the trend, against the trend and in the flat. Moreover, filters should be switched on the fly. In such a situation, even the selection of the optimal stop loss and take profit will not be so simple.

Thank you Alex for sharing this article. It is a good improvement and I hope this will certainly help in making correct trade decisions.
Reason: