Discussion of article "Multiple indicators on one chart (Part 02): First experiments" - page 2

Fernando Carreiro #:

Then, if you don't know how to code or have some minimal knowledge about how to compile a multi-file project, then how do you expect to use this?

This article and its code is aimed at coders/developers who wish to use it as a basis for their own code developments. It is not a final product to be used by end users.

If you want to learn to code, then first start with the basics. Learn your ABC of MQL coding first, as well as read the documentation on MetaEditor. Don't try to "run" with multi-file projects when you still don't know how to take "baby-steps" or even know how to "crawl".

would you recommend me to learn c++ first and then come back to mql5 ? i ask because i have grasped the basics of mql5 but lack practice and for the past 2 weeks i have been learning from the articles on mql5.com but it seems like i lack ideas on what to code . Furthermore, c++ has more organise content (books,courses ) etc to boost skills from beginner level to fluent and it seems like most programmers on this website started a c++ related language . I dont expect programming to be easy but i am willing to do the work to become a great programmer and i will be but i need guidance . it is frustating when you learn something new and somebody on the forum or article discussion says that it is basic . what do you think ? your most honest advice is welcome , i wont be offended !

Daniel Jose #:

You modified the structure of the ZIP file, look on line 10, as can be seen in the image you posted, the compiler will look for the header file in this location, however you modified it, so the compiler will not be able to find the file right. Of the two, or you indicate the new location, or keep the structure of the ZIP file

would you recommend me to learn c++ first and then come back to mql5 ? i ask because i have grasped the basics of mql5 but lack practice and for the past 2 weeks i have been learning from the articles on mql5.com but it seems like i lack ideas on what to code . Furthermore, c++ has more organise content (books,courses ) etc to boost skills from beginner level to fluent and it seems like most programmers on this website started a c++ related language . I dont expect programming to be easy but i am willing to do the work to become a great programmer and i will be but i need guidance . it is frustating when you learn something new and somebody on the forum or article discussion says that it is basic . what do you think ? your most honest advice is welcome , i wont be offended !

João Buta #: would you recommend me to learn c++ first and then come back to mql5 ? i ask because i have grasped the basics of mql5 but lack practice and for the past 2 weeks i have been learning from the articles on mql5.com but it seems like i lack ideas on what to code . Furthermore, c++ has more organise content (books,courses ) etc to boost skills from beginner level to fluent and it seems like most programmers on this website started a c++ related language . I dont expect programming to be easy but i am willing to do the work to become a great programmer and i will be but i need guidance . it is frustating when you learn something new and somebody on the forum or article discussion says that it is basic . what do you think ? your most honest advice is welcome , i wont be offended !

I came form a C/C++ background which helped to better understand MQL, so yes, I would recommend learning the basics of general coding in C/C++ first.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I came form a C/C++ background which helped to better understand MQL, so yes, I would recommend learning the basics of general coding in C/C++ first.

thanks for all your honest feedback . And when people say the basics of c++ , what do they really mean ?

João Buta #:thanks for all your honest feedback . And when people say the basics of c++ , what do they really mean ?
That you are able to develop command line applications (as opposed to GUI applications), but if you are able to do GUI, even better.

Fernando Carreiro #:
That you are able to develop command line applications (as opposed to GUI applications), but if you are able to do GUI, even better.

i changed the class file address but i keep with the same error

Files:

João Buta #:

i changed the class file address but i keep with the same error

what can I do to improve it ? I really need to test this code to have a customized chart . i am willing to do anything necessary

João Buta #:

what can I do to improve it ? I really need to test this code to have a customized chart . i am willing to do anything necessary

You are doing it wrong 😔 ... Just take the ZIP file and unzip it, then open the MQ5 file and compile it, all without messing with anything in the ZIP file. Do like this and the code will compile. But read the previous article, because the application will not work without you doing some things that are shown in the previous article.

When the other questions. Yes, you need to learn C/C++, but mainly C, because your difficulties come from the lack of knowledge about how to program in C.

Regarding C++, don't start with it, because it is an improvement of C itself, and if you start with C++, it will get totally complicated, since object-oriented programming is much more complicated than it seems, and without knowing what basics, you won't learn anything, on the contrary, you will get more and more confused. If your aim is to learn MQL5, learn C, then study inheritance, polymorphism and encapsulation, this will be present in C++. You don't need to delve deeper than this regarding C++, but you will need to have these basics of C++ to be able to follow my MQL5 articles.

Sir:

generally, one window includes one main-sub-win and multi-subwin,     and one sub-win has multi-indicators.     amd indicator can use multi-iCustom-ind with handles.

So, how to share  handle of  iCustom-ind    between indicators / between sub-wins ?

the function   ChartIndicatorGet   can not get    handle of  iCustom-ind   !!

okwh # :

Sir:

generally, one window includes one main-sub-win and multi-subwin,     and one sub-win has multi-indicators.     amd indicator can use multi-iCustom-ind with handles.

So, how to share   handle of   iCustom-ind    between indicators / between sub-wins ?

the function   ChartIndicatorGet   can not get     handle of    iCustom-ind   !!

I didn't understand your question ?!?! 🤔🤔

Reason: