Beta version of the online book on MQL4 programming - by Sergey Kovalev (SK.)

The other day we launched the beta version of Sergei Kovalev's(SK.) online book on MQL4 programming.
https://book.mql4.com/ru

For now only Russian version works, but we will try to translate it to English and Chinese
If you have any comments about the book, please let us know.

It's hard to imagine a better New Year's present!)

It is a great honour for me to publish the MQL4 Programming Tutorial on the website of the language developers.
I sincerely hope that this work will not disappoint the readers.

Happy New Year! :)

SK.

SK. писал (а):

It's hard to imagine a better New Year's present!)

It is a great honour for me to publish the MQL4 Programming Tutorial on the website of the language developers.
I sincerely hope that this work will not disappoint the readers.

Happy New Year! :)

SK.

Sergey, first of all, happy new year, all the best and further success. The work, of course, is titanic, it's hard even to imagine how one can overcome such a thing.

Pay attention, Dnipropetrovsk breaks all records of outstanding personalities - in science, practice and politics.

I am sorry for being on first-name terms, I am just older than you...

Respectfully - S.D.

Congratulations, Sergei!

I think it's the best for beginners.

I would have had a textbook like that a year and a half ago!

Sergey! You are like Father Christmas - you brought presents for everyone! Really very useful and necessary book. I was expecting for the New Year a present from MT developers (new version), correcting some defects of previous ones, but... as it turned out - the real present we all received from you. Thank you very much!

There HE is Father Christmas.

It turns out Father Christmas gets presents too.

Happy holidays, everyone. SK. A special greeting and thank you.

Better:

I wish I'd had a textbook like that a year and a half ago!

Yeah) Well, better later than... Although, even after poking around randomly, I found it interesting, and I think I'll read it by all means. I was pleased with the writing style and the way the information was presented. Professional work. We will have fewer questions on the forum.

Thanks and congratulations on the 'first edition' and the New Year!

SK. писал (а):

Publication of the MQL4 programming tutorial on the website of the language developers

I categorically congratulate you on publication :-) Good luck and many more to come.

I join in with the speakers. It's a great help for beginners, which I am.

There is an interesting ROC indicator in the book - the rate of price change indicator(https://book.mql4.com/ru/samples/iroc). I understand that this book is a tutorial and the author is not obliged to give semi- or even quarter-grail source code, but the idea of the indicator is really good, and I've tweaked it a bit to make the lag even weaker.

You'll need Godzilla library from here: Efficient algorithms of averaging with minimal lag and their use in indicators.

Feel free to use it(SK, do you mind?).

The only addition - in input parametersPhase can take values from -100 to 100. The default is 100 - fastest response of the averages.

Files:
roc_jjma.mq4  9 kb

SK. Thank you very much for the titanic work you have done!!! This tutorial has drastically improved the image of the terminal as a generally available tool for programming user programs! I think that you have closed a large gap that existed for a long time for Metakvotes - the lack of a complete tutorial on programming in MQL4, because the built-in programming guide, as experience has shown, was not enough for many users. But now thanks to your tutorial developers now have a good answer to the question of "how to learn programming".

PS: I have the following request to the tutorial. It would be nice to include a description of the basic features of testing strategies in the terminal, because the process of program development is very closely connected with the testing of programs in the tester. Experienced programmers are already familiar with them, but for beginners, these features are still "revelations" difficult for an untrained person to understand.

Reason: