Paying tax on crypto prior to withdrawals help please

I’ve been told by a person I’m investing with I need pay 8800 usd to the broker to be able to withdraw my funds from mkndy.com broker I’m unsure wether this is correct 

1. Ask your broker; not strangers in other countries.
  2. IIRC spread betting is tax-free in UK.

Sean Paisley:
I’ve been told by a person I’m investing with I need pay 8800 usd to the broker to be able to withdraw my funds from mkndy.com broker I’m unsure wether this is correct 

If they are asking you to deposit additional funds ,rather than take the "Tax"  from your existing funds 110% you got scammed.
Any more money you give them will be lost also. 
If you give them any more money they will likely look for excuses to get more money from you.

Contact any regulator/authority they are under (if they are regulated)  ,ask for refund/chargeback from you Bank/Deposit Method if available.

Michalis Phylactou #:

If they are asking you to deposit additional funds ,rather than take the "Tax"  from your existing funds 110% you got scammed.
Any more money you give them will be lost also. 
If you give them any more money they will likely look for excuses to get more money from you.

Contact any regulator/authority they are under (if they are regulated)  ,ask for refund/chargeback from you Bank/Deposit Method if available.

Thanks for your advice luckily I’ve not sent the tax payment yet as thought was dodgy thanks for your time 
Reason: