Looking for canvas sample code,

Unlucky trying to find samples of  Canvas usage in code base and articles and  no  search in codebase source like Find in File is available yet. Any hint would br appreciated. The goal is to write reports on canvas to not interfere with charts.

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos:
Unlucky trying to find samples of  Canvas usage in code base and articles and  no  search in codebase source like Find in File is available yet. Any hint would br appreciated. The goal is to write reports on canvas to not interfere with charts.

Lot of articles are available in MQL5. Here is one for start

Studying the CCanvas Class. How to Draw Transparent Objects
Studying the CCanvas Class. How to Draw Transparent Objects
  • www.mql5.com
Do you need more than awkward graphics of moving averages? Do you want to draw something more beautiful than a simple filled rectangle in your terminal? Attractive graphics can be drawn in the terminal. This can be implemented through the CСanvas class, which is used for creating custom graphics. With this class you can implement transparency, blend colors and produce the illusion of transparency by means of overlapping and blending colors.

Navdeep Singh #:

Lot of articles are available in MQL5. Here is one for start

I posted there  for a reason. The graphical systems are not fully compatibles to my knowledge and I might not be able to use MT5 graphical primitives into MT4, may I?

Carlos Albert Barbero Marcos #:

I posted there  for a reason. The graphical systems are not fully compatibles to my knowledge and I might not be able to use MT5 graphical primitives into MT4, may I?

As of my knowledge there is no difference in graphical capabilities of MQL4 & MQL5 in case of working with Canvas. Although MQL5 has resource variables which I don't find in MQL4 or some other additions too that I don't know off. But canvas should work on both as same 

I am in the same situation. Very poor material available for basic shapes. I don't care about creating amazing menus and canvases with numerous buttons lol

You can find most of the information about the canvas on the Russian thread:

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/227736

Use the Google translate.

I also recommend using my library.
https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/22164  - MQL5
https://www.mql5.com/en/code/23840 - MQL4

This library will allow not only to reduce the code and speed up the writing of programs using Сanvas, but also speed up the execution of programs. Especially for MQL5.

Thanks for the great answers, glad to know the MTs are not fully graphical incompatible and relative wealth of code in russian.

Using the CCanvas class in MQL applications - the article

The article delves into the CCanvas class and its use in MQL applications. The theory is accompanied by examples.

Using the CCanvas class in MQL applications
Using the CCanvas class in MQL applications
  • www.mql5.com
The article considers the use of the CCanvas class in MQL applications. The theory is accompanied by detailed explanations and examples for thorough understanding of CCanvas basics.

By the way, the key thread about Canvas is this one:
Possibilities of Canvas
Possibilities of Canvas.
Possibilities of Canvas.
  • www.mql5.com
Demonstration of the possibilities of Сanvas in dynamics. The picture never repeats. This script also works on MQL4, but much slower...
Reason: