Discussion of article "Tips from a professional programmer (Part II): Storing and exchanging parameters between an Expert Advisor, scripts and external programs"

New article Tips from a professional programmer (Part II): Storing and exchanging parameters between an Expert Advisor, scripts and external programs has been published:

These are some tips from a professional programmer about methods, techniques and auxiliary tools which can make programming easier. We will discuss parameters which can be restored after terminal restart (shutdown). All examples are real working code segments from my Cayman project.

The SetTradeLevel script allows setting the parameters of a trading level. One object (straight line, trend line or rectangle) is selected on the chart. The SetTradeLevel script finds the selected object (trading level) and sets its parameters.

SetTradeLevel script parameters

Next, the script saves the parameters to Files\Cayman\Params\128968168864101576\exp_05_Lev607A160E_H4.txt and sends the command and the path to the file via the SendCommand function.

Author: Malik Arykov

Thanks for this article. However it was really difficult for me to clone my repository from GitHub. I've tried everything I've found on Stack Overflow and other sites to no avail. Until I found GitHubDesktop. This is a neat, user-friendly program. I recommend it to everyone who wants to easily manage a local <-> GitHub repository.
Reason: