Discussion of article "How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting"

New article How to Prepare a Trading Account for Migration to Virtual Hosting has been published:

MetaTrader client terminal is perfect for automating trading strategies. It has all tools necessary for trading robot developers ‒ powerful C++ based MQL4/MQL5 programming language, convenient MetaEditor development environment and multi-threaded strategy tester that supports distributed computing in MQL5 Cloud Network. In this article, you will find out how to move your client terminal to the virtual environment with all custom elements.

How to Provide the Reliable Round-the-Clock Operation of the Terminal?

A trader may need a terminal running 24 hours a day in the following three cases:

All these cases require constant connection to a trade server and uninterrupted power supply. Using a home PC is not always possible and convenient. Until recently, the most popular solution has been renting allocated computing capacities as VDS or VPS from specialized companies.

MetaTrader platform offers much more convenient and quick solution ‒ you can rent a virtual server for your trading account right from the client terminal.

What Is a Virtual Terminal

Virtual terminal is a special lite version of MetaTrader client terminal which has only the components critical for the round-the-clock operation not requiring trader's visual control. This allows the virtual terminal to consume the minimum PC resources while autotrading feature remains intact. We have obtained experience in making such terminals since arranging Automated Trading Championship

During the competition, dozens of lite versions of MetaTrader worked simultaneously on a single rented server located on the hosting company's site. Each MetaTrader lite platform contained a trading robot of one of the participants with all necessary indicators. The current MetaTrader virtual terminal has been developed specifically for working in Virtual Hosting Cloud network offering rental services. Any trader may rent a ready-made virtual server with already arranged trading environment in a few mouse clicks right from the client terminal.

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Can I deploy the lite version in my own vps?

doshur:
Can I deploy the lite version in my own vps?
Presumably no (it requires additional setup which is not publicly available at the moment), but I think many users are insterested in this feature.

marketeer:
Presumably no (it requires additional setup which is not publicly available at the moment), but I think many users are insterested in this feature.

of coz there are many interested

see this thread, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/34681 

doshur:

of coz there are many interested

see this thread, https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/34681 

MQs have their own interests which I hardly can conceive in most cases.

BTW, i voted yes. 

marketeer:

MQs have their own interests which I hardly can conceive in most cases.

BTW, i voted yes. 

What can be the interest of Metaquotes to distribute this "lite" version ? They offer now their own concurrent service to VPS.

How can this be used ?

MT4 build 711.

angevoyageur:

How can this be used ?

MT4 build 711.

Ok answered on Russian forum :

Will be available in the next release, but until this week, we will open a limited beta testing on a limited number of traders.

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Обсуждение статьи "Подготовка торгового счета к миграции на виртуальный хостинг"

Renat, 2014.10.01 13:02

Будет доступно в следующем релизе, а пока на этой неделе мы откроем ограниченное бета-тестирование на ограниченном количестве трейдеров.

angevoyageur:
What can be the interest of Metaquotes to distribute this "lite" version ? They offer now their own concurrent service to VPS.

I can't answer for MQ. I can answer for myself: if many people are interested in some feature, I implement it in my software.

As for VPS, "lite" version would give more flexibility for end users, this could help widen MT market - I suppose MQ could sell MT infrastructure for more brokers.

Thank informations.

So to try this VPS hosting we must wait build 722, is it correct?
Reason: