Spread of 20 in open price backtests

Hi

When I perform an open price backtest, i got a difference between the ask and bid of 20 points, even if i set the spread to a fixed smaller value in the settings.

this is disconcerting, as you would expect to have the set spread and not a big unmodifyable spread

is there a work around that ?

thanks

Jeff

Why do you believe that the difference between ask and bid is 20 points?

Keith Watford:
Why do you believe that the difference between ask and bid is 20 points?

because I printed the difference to see in the EA.

and it's constant 20*Point()

Jean Francois Le Bas:

because I printed the difference to see in the EA.

and it's constant 20*Point()

nobody knows? The broker is Roboforex

Jean Francois Le Bas:

Hi

When I perform an open price backtest, i got a difference between the ask and bid of 20 points, even if i set the spread to a fixed smaller value in the settings.

this is disconcerting, as you would expect to have the set spread and not a big unmodifyable spread

is there a work around that ?

thanks

Jeff

The bid/ask spread in the market is not defined by you, but by the market. You can't influence that.

WindmillMQL: The bid/ask spread in the market is not defined by you, but by the market. You can't influence that.

Except in the tester, which OP stated.

William Roeder:

Except in the tester, which OP stated.

Oops, my bad. I thought that the bid/ask spread came from the tick data from the broker, also during backtests. I haven't experimented with fixed bid/ask spreads.

WindmillMQL:
Oops, my bad. I thought that the bid/ask spread came from the tick data from the broker, also during backtests. I haven't experimented with fixed bid/ask spreads.

yes it does, when it's set to "floating" but you can also set it to fixed value

Reason: