Discussion of article "Library for easy and quick development of MetaTrader programs (part XV): Collection of symbol objects"

New article Library for easy and quick development of MetaTrader programs (part XV): Collection of symbol objects has been published:

In this article, we will consider creation of a symbol collection based on the abstract symbol object developed in the previous article. The abstract symbol descendants are to clarify a symbol data and define the availability of the basic symbol object properties in a program. Such symbol objects are to be distinguished by their affiliation with groups.

Symbol collection concept

I have already defined the concept of constructing object collection classes in the third part of the library description. Here, I am going to adhere to the adopted data storage structure. This means we need to create a list for the symbol collection. The list is to store descendant objects of the "symbol" class created in the previous article. The abstract symbol descendants are to clarify a symbol data and define the availability of the basic symbol object properties in a program. Such symbol objects are to be distinguished by their affiliation with groups (symbol status).

• Forex symbol — all Forex symbols not falling into the following Forex symbol categories:
  • Major Forex symbol — the custom category of the most used forex symbols
  • Minor Forex symbol — the custom category of less used Forex symbols
  • Exotic Forex symbol — the custom category of rarely used Forex symbols
  • Forex symbol/RUB — the custom category of Forex symbols featuring RUB
  • Metal — the custom category of metal symbols
  • Index — the custom category of index symbols
  • Indicative — the custom category of indicative symbols
  • Cryptocurrency symbol — the custom category of cryptocurrency symbols
  • Commodity symbol — the custom category of commodity symbols
  • Exchange symbol — all exchange symbols not falling into the following categories of exchange symbols:
  • Futures
  • CFD
  • Security
  • Bond
  • Option
  • Non-tradable asset
  • Custom symbol
  • General category — symbols that do not fall into the above categories

Author: Artyom Trishkin

Hi,

Super interesting article, like the previous ones of the collection.

Thank you so much for sharing.

How many articles will there be in total ?

Laurent Soudron :

Hi,

Super interesting article, like the previous ones of the collection.

Thank you so much for sharing.

How many articles will there be in total ?

Hi. Thank you for rating. There will be many articles. Much more than there is at the moment. I won’t say the exact quantity - I don’t know the exact quantity myself.

Hi Artyom,

Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge, there is so much to learn in your articles.

However, it seems like even when you select to work with the Market Watch Symbols, the EA still uses only the current symbol, it does not load the rest of the Market Watch Symbols.. I don't know if its only me experiencing that.. but I would love to see it work on all the Market Watch Symbols if possible.

Otherwise, congrats and thanks again for your selflessness in sharing info.

Kudos!!

Colin Mundia :

Hi Artyom,

Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge, there is so much to learn in your articles.

However, it seems like even when you select to work with the Market Watch Symbols , the EA still uses only the current symbol, it does not load the rest of the Market Watch Symbols.. I don't know if its only me experiencing that.. but I would love to see it work on all the Market Watch Symbols if possible.

Otherwise, congrats and thanks again for your selflessness in sharing info.

Kudos!!

I don’t remember how everything was done there. The fact is that these are only test advisers, and in subsequent articles everything has been done correctly and everything works.

Please see the articles in Russian - there are already 40 of them. You can read with an auto-translator.

Thank you for your feedback and appreciation.

Reason: