Discussion of article "100 best optimization passes (part 1). Developing optimization analyzer"

New article 100 best optimization passes (part 1). Developing optimization analyzer has been published:

The article dwells on the development of an application for selecting the best optimization passes using several possible options. The application is able to sort out the optimization results by a variety of factors. Optimization passes are always written to a database, therefore you can always select new robot parameters without re-optimization. Besides, you are able to see all optimization passes on a single chart, calculate parametric VaR ratios and build the graph of the normal distribution of passes and trading results of a certain ratio set. Besides, the graphs of some calculated ratios are built dynamically beginning with the optimization start (or from a selected date to another selected date).

Modern technology has now become so deeply ingrained into the field of financial trading that it is now almost impossible to imagine how we could do without it. Nevertheless, just a very short while ago, trading was conducted manually and there was a complex system of hand language (quickly heading into oblivion nowadays) ​​describing how much asset to buy or sell.

Personal computers rapidly superseded traditional trading methods by bringing online trading literally into our homes. Now we can look at asset quotes in real time and make appropriate decisions. Moreover, the advent of online technologies in the market industry causes the ranks of manual traders to dwindle at an increasing speed. Now, more than half of the deals are made by trading algorithms, and it is worth to say that MetaTrader 5 is number one among the most convenient terminals for this.

But despite all the advantages of this platform, it has a number of drawbacks I tried to mitigate with the application described here. The article describes developing the program written entirely in MQL5 using the EasyAndFastGUI library designed to improve selection of trading algorithm optimization parameters. It also adds new features to the analysis of retrospective trading and general EA assessment.

Author: Andrey Azatskiy

Thank You, Andrey!

Now to wait for someone to make a walk thru for all the EA's i already have!

The whole project is very interesting, but it would be a pleasure to know how can we those on mt4/mql4 version to try this out if possible?

Vasily Yuan:

The whole project is very interesting, but it would be a pleasure to know how can we those on mt4/mql4 version to try this out if possible?

Mt4 is not suported, sorry.

Thank you so much for this article. Please how can I resolve this error when I compiled the GenericSorter 
Reason: