Discussion of article "Combining trend and flat strategies"

New article Combining trend and flat strategies has been published:

There are numerous trading strategies out there. Some of them look for a trend, while others define ranges of price fluctuations to trade within them. Is it possible to combine these two approaches to increase profitability?

Price charts witness constant change of trends. Strong movements are followed by flat ones when the price starts moving within a narrow range. Traders choose their strategies based on the current market conditions. But how can we determine, which strategy to choose at the moment? A trend or a flat one? 

Chart

The articles [1] and [2] consider various trend and flat trading strategies. It is easy to notice that applying a certain strategy begins with assessing the market situation. Both strategy types use different trend indicators to determine the market state. However, while trend strategies enter the market in the presence of a trend, the flat ones expect it to quiet down to open a position. Thus, our first approach when combining two types of strategy into a single Expert Advisor is the following: if there is a trend, use the trend-following algorithm, if there is no trend, use the flat one.

Author: Dmitriy Gizlyk

i tried it on my mt5 but each time i place it on the chart and click ok, it goes off. i have checked everything but i guess its the ea. the combination 1,2,3 does the same thing. i wish i can test it

predictions31:
i tried it on my mt5 but each time i place it on the chart and click ok, it goes off. i have checked everything but i guess its the ea. the combination 1,2,3 does the same thing. i wish i can test it
Hello,
Do you have any errors in journal?

Dmitriy Gizlyk:
Hello,
Do you have any errors in journal?

i noticed no indicator file on this attached file so its ,impossible for me to play it on mt5, each time i try to drag and drop on chart, it disappears. pls can you send the file again. thank you

Files:
seesee.jpeg  127 kb

2019.12.09 23:56:04.567 2019.01.01 00:00:00   Trend Strategy: Failed to get rsi_color handle

The same problem ...

Reason: