Raw Ideas - page 58

Up to 20 Chars of Text to be placed on Chart Window

Hi. I'm looking for a "simple" indicator (may not be simple to progam!) - or other means, if there's an alternative simpler way of doing it - that will allow up to 20 characters of text (user input) to be displayed anywhere on the Chart Window ... so it will require X and Y offset parameters to locate the start position of the text within the Window.

Also, to allow its use in Chart Windows with different background colours, the colour of the text should be changeable by the user; and (ideally) the font size should be adjustable via user input.

Can anyone point me to an indicator that enables this?

Thank you, in anticipation. Richard.

forexmoments:
Maybe you could use the STML2 indicator to help with trend confirmation.

could u please post STML2 indicator..i don't have one..

daily trade idea

Anyone heard of this strategy. looks like it works well. Here are the rules.

Never enter a market or limit order. I have no idea why people enter market orders and limit orders. With a market order you have about a 50/50 chance of guessing which way the market will go. With a limit order you are getting into a trade as the market is moving against you. Not a smart idea at all. Always enter the market with a stop order. This confirms that the trend you are trading is the correct trend. You will almost never pick a top or never pick a bottom.

The only pairs you need to know. The following are the only pairs to trade the Platinum System with because the offer the most volatility and are the most predictable. They are as follows: GBP/USD EUR/USD USD/JPY CAD/USD EUR/JPY AUD/USD

The 5:30 P.M. rule. Our trades are performed based on the high and low of the previous day. The Forex day starts at 5:00 p.m. EST and ends at 4:59 p.m. EST. Always wait until after 5:30 p.m. EST to place your trades.

The 100/25 rule. Find a pair from above that moved 100 pips or more the previous trading day, from high to low not from the opening price. However the pair must have closed at least 25 pips lower than the high or 25 pips higher that the low.

The actual trade. Place a buy stop 1 pip above the high and place a sell stop one pip below the previous days low. Look to make between 8-15 pips and risk around 35-60. I know this is hard to trade like this because one loss would wipe out several days of trading but trust me it really works. Never risk more than 5 times what you are going to make. I like to go for 10 pips and risk 35 pips. Place your orders along with the if then order with the stop loss and the targeted profit all at the same time. Or if your broker will let you place a stop order with a limit and a stop on it that is fine too. If you wish you can place your trade and walk away from your computer and come back the next morning to see that you have made money.

Key numbers: Do not get long on a trade above the last two numbers above 85 through 15 or short with the last two below 15 through 85. The whole numbers often time create great resistance and the market typically reaches them and turns around a couple of time before actually breaking through the whole numbers. The closer that the last two numbers are to being 50 the better off you will be with your trade.

7.5% rule: Once you start actually trading this method you will actually be able to go on runs of 12-18 trades. People tend to start leveraging out their account to the max because of how accurate these trades actually are. Never risk more than 7.5% of your account on a single trade.

The morning ditch. If your trade has not been executed by 7:45 a.m. EST then cancel all open orders and wait until that evening for the next trade. Too much news and, non technical factors move the market way more than we need it too. I lost a lot of trades due to the fact that I left my order in as all the news from Wall Street was being released.

Do not bend these rules. These rules are here for a reason. Do not bend any of them. I have developed the rules to eliminate trades that have cost me money. I have made the mistakes for you, so that you don’t have to make them.

Again IT IS OK NOT TO TRADE: Please do not try to force a trade if there is not one there. I know it is hard not to be in the market, but its better than losing money. A good trade will set up soon enough. WAIT FOR IT.

scalpmaster:
My indicator works just fine with the template file I attached above, why did you delete it and move my post for no apparent reason? . Please move my post back to the directory "suggestions for trading system".

Your indicator not works man.

Need another to work, post the two.

Coders are coding for free if:

- it is interesting for them personally;

- it is interesting for many members of this forum.

If it is interesting for one coder personally so it is good case. But no one wants to code bad EA. So, if you say that system is profitable so it should be visible: statements or any charts or any.

To make your thread interesting for many members so your request should be well-prepared:

- mql4 files only (no any ex4 files), full description of the rules,

- trading online just to make the members know that your system works.

And may be, after you complete 2 or 3 pages of your thread so 1 or 2 coders will say: "I will help you because it is interesting for many members". And 1 or 2 testers will say: "i will trade your manual ystem on demo just to define the better rules".

Your request is not well-prepared.

And no one will create EA using ex4 files and just because you are thinking that it is profitable.

Just prepare your request and members will be happy to hlp an benefit from it. And few coders will agree to help you.

Files:
4h.jpg  92 kb

Besides, there is the other thing. It is authorship. I mean the following: if one coder (who are on the board and still alive ) coded some indicator but you are asking the other coder for improvement - it is not good case. It is nothing for me and you. But most of the coders created indicators hoping that people will ask them for improvements. Many coders understand such a case:

When Igorad for example coded some indicator but the member asked the other coder for improvements ... most of the coders will refuse to help. Because real author is reachable and on the board.

It is not for you.

It is just general thinkngs.

Upload mql4 files, describe the system by few pages with the charts and so on and I am sure - many members will want to help by coding and testing.

buy/sell on round numbers

newdigital:
Besides, there is the other thing. It is authorship. I mean the following: if one coder (who are on the board and still alive ) coded some indicator but you are asking the other coder for improvement - it is not good case. It is nothing for me and you. But most of the coders created indicators hoping that people will ask them for improvements. Many coders understand such a case:

When Igorad for example coded some indicator but the member asked the other coder for improvements ... most of the coders will refuse to help. Because real author is reachable and on the board.

It is not for you.

It is just general thinkngs.

Upload mql4 files, describe the system by few pages with the charts and so on and I am sure - many members will want to help by coding and testing.

I have been manually trading micro lots buy/sell on the 100's with 100 pips tp on gbp/jpy it is very profitable

ok here what I do open o.1 lot buy and 0.1 lot sell 201.00buy then tp 202 then open a next 0.1 lot buy and sell we can also do it with on the 50's with tp 50 pips can some make an ea for this simple system. you can back test it foward test it. evey week profit every month profit

Your technique is more related to Frank EA from this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum (public thread) and to Frank_mod (by Kalenzo) from elite section.

But read public thread first https://www.mql5.com/en/forum

Reason: