Discussion of article "MQL5 Cookbook: Developing a Framework for a Trading System Based on the Triple Screen Strategy"

New article MQL5 Cookbook: Developing a Framework for a Trading System Based on the Triple Screen Strategy is published:

In this article, we will develop a framework for a trading system based on the Triple Screen strategy in MQL5. The Expert Advisor will not be developed from scratch. Instead, we will simply modify the program from the previous article "MQL5 Cookbook: Using Indicators to Set Trading Conditions in Expert Advisors" which already substantially serves our purpose. So the article will also demonstrate how you can easily modify patterns of ready-made programs.

MQL5 Cookbook: Developing a Framework for a Trading System Based on the Triple Screen Strategy

Author: Anatoli Kazharski

Thanks for article!

Is it possible to use this expert on account with 0.1 lot limitation? Not ECN account. I tryed on ECN -- at least testing looks just fine, as in the article.I understand, this was published long time ago, but amazingly, no discussion on the forum whatsoever!

Testing works perfect on ECN account!

The article is interesting... but:

i) the strategy implemented isn't the Elder's Triple Screen. Elder proposal was based on the old Tide, Wave and Ripples principle: Find a tide, wait for a Wave and go with the Ripples. It isn't what you have implemented.

ii) it uses 3 simple MA as each timeframe indicator and only compares value to value, which is unrealistic.

Reason: