Discussion of article "Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (ATC 2012)"

New article Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (ATC 2012) is published:

The Championship keeps providing us with new discoveries, as well as new interesting Participants and unusual ideas implemented in the competition trading robots. While interviewing Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962), we learned about his simple approach to trading and found out why it is better to trade less frequently.

You have said that you used your own mathematical models. What trading tool is more reliable, in your opinion - a simple standard indicator or a modern indicator based on science achievements?

When I was trading manually on a demo account, I noticed that trading based on the intuition is often more profitable than the indicator-based one. Thus, I believe that an Expert Advisor should be developed based on a preliminarily prepared model to have more chances to make profit. All indicators have a probabilistic component. The impact of this component is more significant when dealing with history data than in real trading.

In fact, the trading itself is rather probabilistic by nature - you may suffer a loss or you may not, like in that popular joke about the odds of meeting a dinosaur in the street. Do you agree?

Of course, the market movements are predicted with some probability. The most cherished dream of each trader is to catch a trend. Thus, the search for the profitable Expert Advisor is an endless activity. I have heard about neural networks but I have not come to know them better yet, unfortunately. I will try them when I have enough time. The market requires a different approach each time and does not accept rigid rules resembling a living being.

Author: Automated-Trading

MetaQuotes:

New article Interview with Ruslan Ziyatdinov (ATC 2012) is published:

The Championship keeps providing us with new discoveries, as well as new interesting Participants and unusual ideas implemented in the competition trading robots. While interviewing Ruslan Ziyatdinov (rusland1962), we learned about his simple approach to trading and found out why it is better to trade less frequently.

Author: Automated-Trading

Thnx
Reason: