mt4 demasiado lento - página 2

Enrique Enguix Vino:

Empece alquilando un VPS dedicado, pero cuando hice números a largo plazo me salía más rentable comprar un ordenador así cañero.

Miguel Angel Vico Alba :

I use an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X at 4.70 GHz with 16 cores and 32 threads, that is ... that in MT5 it is equal to having 32 cores. :)

Obviously if you do not accompany it with 128GB of memory it does not pull ... there must be a good core / ram balance. Each core in a 5-6 year old BT needs at least 3 or 4GB .... 4x32 = 128GB.

Hi Miguel

I'm planning to build a PC with specification like yours, but wondering if I need 8 or 12 or 16 physical cores for back-testing and heavy stuffs.. Can you help me with choosing between these CPUs?

Ryzen 7 5800x vs Ryzen 9 3900x

The first perform better in daily tasks and single core, the latter works better with multi-threading tasks. The first has 32MB cache size, the latter 64MB. 5800x has 8 cores, 3900x has 12 cores. With a 64GB of RAM and 1T of 970 Evo plus SSD which one do you think is better and is sufficient for heavy back-testing? Does more cores and 32MB more cache size make considerable difference?

Thank you in advance.

The more sugar, the sweeter

Enrique Enguix Wine : The more sugar, the sweeter

It might cause Diabetes. One should be careful.

I just need the recommendation of a trader who has the experience of working with both 8 and 12 core CPUs and knows which one is just enough.