MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1661

[Deleted]
Learning to draw on the chart, I find that this works: #property indicator_chart_window#property indicator_buffers 3#property indicator_color1 Gold#property indicator_width1 2#property indicator_color2 Green#property indicator_width2 2#property indicator_color3 Red#property indicator_width3 1...
  Code Help  (1)
I need a little help. This code is supposed to plot arrows on top of or below theprice bars when the RSI values are met. I'm having trouble with a parenthesis issue.Can someone fix this bug for me and make sure it works? I have no clue right now.I'm still in Chapter 1 MQL......
[Deleted]
For 5 Min chart, Alert 10 EMA and 40 SMA Crossing. I don't know how to code at all. Thx, lori lori.glory@yahoo.com
[Deleted]
Would anyone be able to help me out with this? I'm trying to make an EA that will open up a buy on a symbol at a fixed price ifthere is not already a trade open at that price. As example say I want the expert to buy on EUR/USD everytime the price hits 1.700unless there is a trade currently open at...
[Deleted]
any body can tell me the code to trade long or short only , Long & Short atpositions ? thank very much
[Deleted]
when market is highly volatile, it happens that a pending order with 0 slippageis not opened because the rate jump over the OrderOpenPrice of this pending order. Which trading function has to be used by the Expert to open this order at the newrate ? i.e. : rate at 1.2600 pending order sell limit...
One question!Will my expert work properly, in case that MetaTrader 4 is not loaded(not on-line).Thank you!
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Lingyu Jiang (jianglingyu) has been published. Jiang gave a brief account of forex trading in Japan and Chinaand described his Expert Advisor: My Expert Advisor tries to catch the main trend of a day. It's based on the...
[Deleted]
I'm wondering if anyone out there can shed some light on, or share their experienceswith using indicative vs real forex quote data when back-testing trading systems. I've been trying to gain some understanding on the different typesof data and how they're collected and came to the following...
Hi, how do I display a Date Time as a string?
Hi, is there any way to run a script on all the charts at once? or to write a scriptthat can access the objects of all charts?
Hello There is not weekly timeframe at period window. How can I test about weekly period? Thanks
Hi folks, There are many great EA's circuling around the forex community, so I have an idea to gether the best 10-15 and test their performance on live account. I know this site is already doing this kind of thing but there's been many new EA's and new versions of previous ones. If nothing else the
Can anyone pls check out the Expert Advisor that I am trying to produce, it seems to have a promissing performance. No trades in the same bar as this produces fake results. Its run on GBPUSD 4 Hours
  returning arrays  (9)
hi guys, in a function I want to return an array: int lala() { int lala[2] = {1,2}; return(lala); } alright, that works. However, how to put the returned var. into a new array? double temp[] = lala(); That doesn't work :/. Could anybody please tell me how I could get that working? -...
We already have IsTesting() function. It would be nice to add IsVisual() for visual testing. Thank you.
What change in your MACD Sample Expert Adviser to have 1 Trade by symbol , and not only 1 Trade for all symbols ? Thanks for help. Jo
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the Interview with Karol Przybytkowski (karolp) has been published. Karol gives interesting details about his Expert Advisor, whichhas been keeping its place among the Top Ten of the Championship for most of thetime, and even was in the Top...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2006, the "Championship Report: Third Week" has been published. It briefly describes the third-week results of the Competition.Sashken returns to the Top Three, two debutants show their impressive results.On Thursday, the regular meeting of the...
[Deleted]
I have a little script that I have been testing. It makes about 5 to 10 trades a day on average. when I set it up to go live, not much happens. even when I run it live for a few days, then use that data to test, the test show activity that the live trading session didn't. What am i doing wrong
Fellows members, Can anyone help to code this.  i wanted to limit 1 order in 1 bar. thanks
Hi All Is it possible to use an event to trigger the start() function of an indicator?I am trying to set up an indicator that only paints on the bars shown in the window i.e. A MA offset by -7. A normal indicator shows the future value and it is onlyat bar 0 that the trading appearance of the...
Greetings, Does any one know how to pass variables to an array e.g. I am doing somethinglike 1 for(i=Bars-j-1; i>=0; i=i-6){ 2 double highs[6] = {High[i], High[i+1],High[i+2], High[i+3], High[i+4], High[i+5]}; 3 int index = ArrayMaximum(highs);..... } and getting a compilation error: 'High' -...
Hi All! I thought of a useful tool, that would color certain areas of the price barcharts that are within time limits (from hh:mm_start to hh:mm_finish ) in some distinct color, so that this way we can visually observe if a pattern exists over specific intraperiod (for example every day from 9:00 to...
The RVI indicator ( Relative Vigor Index ) is a pretty good indicator which can be used in various ways to identify reversals. I developed a way to use it for making absolute fool-proof extremely safe and reliable entries, at the beginning of very significant trend direction changes. It can work as...
Hi Has anyone used sMail.dll? I can't seem to get it to work. I follow the instructionsand even the demo file doesn't send any email. No errors are reported. The booleanvalue returned is 1! I get a popup asking for my permission for email to be send.I click on "yes". And still, no email is sent...
Hello, I have a small question: Is there a possibility to add a variable or something which contains the datetimevalue at which the expert was compiled? Also it would be great, if there wouldbe a version counter, which is increased every time at compilation of the expert(it should count on a per...
can any one tell me if they have used the eurox2.ex4 scalper auto trade program! if you have let me know how it worked and what results (not backtested)you achieved. thanks.
this an example of tester jumping like crazy on 1M chart. There were only 22 tickson that bar with spread of about 30 pips. Its incomperehensible how it could go up and down like that on such a light volume. This is the same running on the demo account. It doesn't have 2 etxra trades resultingin...
hello everyone, i am new to metatrader i have an ea saved on my computer can someone help me totransfer that to meta trader 4 and back test to see how it goes and how do i attachit to a chart and get it to autotrade! im a newbie and need some assistance. thanks.