MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1627

[Deleted]
Anyone, I like using the Daily Pivot Points Indicator in the attached .rar file. However, I like the display of the pivot values(upper right hand corner) that is used in the IBFXDailyPivots. I'm not very familiarwith writting in MQL4 code. I looked to see if I could copy and paste part of theformula...
The article describes construction of fractal lines of various types using trend lines andfractals. Abstract: Fractals are used by practically all traders. However, if you ask them what a fractal is, they will at best answerthat it is an indicator in the Bill Williams' system. The more advanced...
On the last build of MT client, the program: double MaxEquity; int Round; int init() { //---- MaxEquity=AccountEquity(); Round=(OrdersTotal()/13)-1; //---- return(0); } int start() { //---- Comment("MaxEquity = ",MaxEquity," ____ Round = ",Round, "____ Totals = ",OrdersTotal());...
[Deleted]
  Counting Bars  (2)
Is there a way to count the number of bars since a position has been opened?
[Deleted]
I have got a doubt about Sleep function. Suppose if once Sleep is executed for 10 secs, and if again it is executed for10 secs after 5 secs, After totally how many secs it will retrieve... 20 or 15.. Thanks in advance..............
[Deleted]
Hello I have a question and my question is more related to C programming instead of MQL: I wrote a program in C# to run on each tic of terminal. This is an exe console application.now I can't find a way to run a console application from within dlls. I tried ShellExecutefrom <shellapi.h> and...
[Deleted]
  Alarm for PSAR  (1)
Hi Friends, I need some help with setting up an Alert/Alarm when Parabolic SAR changes the direction. Can someone please guide me in the right direction. Thanks The_One
Hello, I am looking for a variable which returns the current chart timeframe. Thanks a lot,
[Deleted]
A few questions: 1. How many EAs will MQL4 run simultaneously? 2. Can each EA run on a separate account through multi-terminal? Adam
[Deleted]
Once I found lowest price in certain period, e.g.: LPrice=Low[iLowest(NULL,0,MODE_LOW,25,0)]; I would like to get number of bars betweent this lowest and current bar?
MQL4 Language for Newbies. Technical Indicators and Built-in Functions This is the third article from the series "MQL4 Language for Newbies".Now we will learn to use built-in functions and functions for working with technicalindicators. The last ones will be essential in the future...
[Deleted]
  High Low Day/Year  (11   1 2)
Hi Friends, I am new to MT4 and trying to write a code for drawing horizontal lines for: 1. High and Low of Previous day. 2. High and Low of Previous and Current Week. 3. High and Low of Previous and Current Month. 4. High and Low of Previous and Current Year. If someone can please show me...
The most important thing of an EA is to find out if it is profitable. To do thisthe Strategytester is very usefull if you use it the correct way. For that I allwayswent to Tools History Center, choose the currency and then downloades all timeframes.After that I went to the Strategytester and choosed...
Wouldn't it be helpfull to create a custom indicator (based on closing of the bar)that shows where the "perfect trader/system" would buy and sell. Thiswould allow you to visually compare the lag and accuracy of your own indicators,custom indicators and EA's. Offcourse we would have to use the spread...
[Deleted]
Hello, I get the following error message in the journal when I run an expert advisor /strategy tester: 2007.08.10 07:20:21 2007.04.18 14:05 5EMAsAlert EURUSD.spot, H1: dll calls arenot allowed; 'wininet.dll'-'InternetOpenA' wininet.dll is installed on my PC at version 7.00.6000.16473 on XP SP2...
Hi everyboy I want to solve a problem : I try to get the Highest and Lowest sincea trade begin : First I do that : double top_High = High[ Highest( NULL, 0, MODE_HIGH,10, 1 ) ]; double top_Sell = Low [ Lowest ( NULL, 0 ,MODE_LOW , 10, 1 ) ]; Alert(Symbol()," " , Period(), " topH = " , top_High, "...
[Deleted]
Hi, i've placed a MetaTrader MQL4 platform running on a server powered on 24 hour perday. I have activated an ExpertAdvisor on it on multiple cross. So, sometimes theEA doesn't open a new order, it seems it's sleeping. It seems that the MEtatraderplatform doesn't perform the Start() function every...
[Deleted]
Hi guys, I'm new here. I have been working on couple of indicators lately and i would likeuse them in my expert advisor to backtest. I've no idea of how to go about creatinga new expert advisor with the indicators. I would appreciate if you guys the expertto help or provide with infos to learn how...
[Deleted]
It seems that MetaTrader downloads the latest live spread when re-calculating it'shistory files. This is fine during the week, but makes things somewhat unworkable during the weekend,a 5 point spread on EUR/USD tends to skew results. Is there some way of setting the symbol spread during a...
  FishStoch  (5)
We have a few indicators based on John Ehlers works that why I ´m working on a compilation. This is the original code of Fisher Stochastic. it was made by Luis Guilherme Damiani. Have some troubles with arrays or custom function, but not big deal. I´m working on a fixed version. But the main...
[Deleted]
  Line coordinates  (2)
Hello, Drawing trend lines from code is piece of cake when you specify the time for thetwo or three points. However this is not practical if you need to know if a pointbelongs or not to a trendline as well as finding two or more trendlines intersections,the angles between two trendlines and so on.....
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Al Parsai has been published. Al Parsai develops solutions for users of MetaTrader 4 andteaches how to develop Expert Advisors and other MQL4 programs. He is going toparticipate in the Automated Trading Championship 2007....
A new article, How to Cut an EA Code for an Easier Life and Fewer Errors, has just been published on the MQL4.com. Abstract: There is many trading systems based on technical analysis whether they are indicatorsor graphical drawings, that have an important property. I mean the symmetry ofsuch...
[Deleted]
Does anyone know if an indicator can have a timer applied ? I have an email alert that I want to use for the London session but I only wantit to activate at times around the session open (plus and minus ~1hr from the sessionopen, say 1am to 3:30am). I dont want to wake up unless the trade...
Dear Programmers Does any one can code pending orders having trailing for entery and take profitand stoploss from high and low by X number of point from X number of candles Thx for help sasco_me@yahoo.com
I have uploaded my expert file for the contest a few weeks ago. How do I know if my expert's file has been accepted by moderator ? thanks
  PDFT EA Request  (4)
Hi, I purchased Avi Fristers PDFT ebook a while ago that teaches 3 different trading strategies. I like the Forex Runner strategy best and it seems to work more often than not. It's a simple strategy based on price but the problem is you can miss a lot of great trades if you're not glued to your...
  Pinocchio Bar  (1)
I am trying to find away of coding a pinocchio bar but don't quite no where to start. Any help would be great Cheers
[Deleted]
Can someone tell me what is ip address of datacenter that will be used for Championship. Can you please provide screenshot picture of the terminal connection settings
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2007, an Interview with Andrei Moraru (enivid) has been published. Andrei Moraru is a programmer from Ukraine. He is not so long ago in the Forex market, butalready develops his own trading strategies. He thinks that the success of an Expert...