MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 1527

Dear People, I need some clarification, on the meta trader platformconfiguration. Please explain what the following are, (I mean how &when to use): I could not locate a help zone in the help file that iswhy I am asking here, I hope you willunderstand. (1) “Optimizedparameter” found on “Testing”...
  Can it happen?  (5)
Nice to meet every one. You make trades by MT4. You make a profit in every trade. Your broker finds the problem. He gets you into trouble bt controlling MT4 server. Can it happen
[Deleted]
  How to do it?  (3)
Hi there, I need to know how can I program a code to find if a position for a currency pair is open or closed? In fact, I do not want to find if it is open. What I need is to find if it is closed... For instance. The following code returns TRUE if a position is opened: void CheckPosition() { for...
  wait 5 second????  (13   1 2)
please i wanna know the code i should tupe to perform this task (wait 5 seconds) because when it's always checking it entered closed loop and metatrader hangs.... thanx alot
SOMEONE PUBLISHED MY CODE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION HOW DO I CONTACT THE FORUM ADMIN?
I want to routinely run a check function. However I found to use the start() in the EA is too frequent. I want to run this check function say every 1 min. Does it possible to define one? Thanks!
[Deleted]
How do I get the second value (the signal level) of a custom indicator? Im using the following syntax QQE = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_H1, "QQE", 2, 0) but it always returns the main level Thanks, Steve
[Deleted]
Is there a way to print the profit from a trade as a comment on the chart with $ and commas? Example: $2,289.10 Thanks in advance, Y
Hi. My MT4 is creating large files in the /tester/logs folder when using strategy tester. Some files are as large as 118gig (yes gig). Is there an option I can change or is something else wrong. Rudy
Hello, I want to get the volume information per tick. I can't seem to find a command in MQL4 that enables me to request this information. Can anyone help? Nate
Probably everyone knows this fact, but for me it was a complete surprise to learn that SL, accepted by DC, can be executed at prices different from the posted 4 spread! Interesting to hear the opinion of experts, on the creation of experts, on this statement. How then can anything be tested or
[Deleted]
Hi, I just coded a very simple indicator that give the range of candlesticks.  I want to create a moving average of that in the second buffer.  The moving average works but only on a forward basis.  I'll post the code below; if anyone can help so that the moving average works throughout the whole...
  Partial Exit  (1)
Hi, Is there an EA which opens two or more positions at the same time and has partial exit? Thanks in advance John
[Deleted]
HI, PLEASE, I NEED HELP HERE. AFTER COMPILING THE FUNDAMENTAL TRADER EA IT ALWAYS SHOWS ;1 ERROR 'time mgh' - cannot open the program file. I WAS TRYING TO LOAD IT IN A STRAIGHTHOLD TRADING PLATFORM . PLEASE, I NEED HELP. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO SCALE THIS HUDDLE. THANX EMMANUEL
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Reporting the Fourth Week (20-26 October) has been published. The fourth week of the ATC 2008 is over. This week in the forex market was rich in events for almost all currency pairs. Of course, this had its impact on competing...
Is it possible to get a list of all the brokers who offer trading with the MQL4 platform?
Can the experts write an indicator that will draw a vertical line at those (user selected) times? thanks
[Deleted]
Dear Forum, I would like to perform an usual limit order which means, that I'm willing to pay the limit price or less for buying something. In MT4 I found two possibilities, which do NOT perform this: 1) OP_BUYLIMIT OrderSend( Symbol(), OP_BUYLIMIT, 1, limitPrice, ...); is not an usual limit order,...
[Deleted]
I have a new demo account and the only chart that shows pip movement is the US/JPY all the others show nothing. This all started with the new week of trading on today the 26th. Any idaes?
[Deleted]
Can anyone please tell me what is the significance of the 'Model Quality' in the report tab of the strategy tester? Thank you!
Can someone help me, I have spend hours trying to figure out how to pass array elements from one array to another so that I can display them in an indicator. I have looked at many indicators and still cannot get my array elements to show up in my indicator line. Attached is my program code.
Hello All I forcast close price of next bar with ARMAX model but I can't show it in chart as a line. Please, why does the attached indicator show me a number at future time ? Or How to make a new bar to chart at future time? Thanks a lot tarokh
By observing the price you see the result of information which has no effect on the market. It has already been accounted for, worked out, discarded and forgotten (and immediately, by those to whom it is available). The market will repeat its past behaviour (this is a consequence of the TA
With demo account I can get data from 2006.02.16. But with championship accout I can got date from 1999. Now I forget it's password so with its investor's password I can only get the data from 2006 now. Is there any way to get more date on H1 chart? Thanks.
[Deleted]
Hello guys I have my EA codes with RefreshRates as per following, but I still have requote and my EA stop sending new CloseOrder after 1 or 2 try. How to I write a code that will ask my EA to keep sending CloseOrder until it accepted by the broker server? Thanks for (int i=0; i < RepeatN; i++) {
Hi, Im attempting to write an EA from a manual system that I have been trading. I have an EMA centre and a couple of bands either side. When the price bounces of either of the BB's then I will open an order in the direction of a stoch indicator. My issue is that when I trade this manually I make...
Is there any key shortcut to do this? I have to drag mouse lots of times now.
  MT4 and Vista  (1)
i just opened an acount and i cant seem to get the program working, then i noticed that vista is not listed on the plaforms that suport MT4? has anyone ran into a similar problem?
[Deleted]
I need a indicator for my estrategy, I use 4 indicator and I want to keep my chart simply, I need a Arrow in my chart in this form : -Filter the trend with 4 H 5 EMA and 8 SMA cross with RSI(9) above or below 50. Then trend its Up with cross up and RSI >50..... And draw a line in all the chart with...
On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2008,an article Jury Session Record of the 25th of October 2008 has been published. Once again the issue discussed on this Jury session was the disqualification of 15 Expert Advisors. All they worked with errors. The most common error was an...