General - page 1983

Thanks!
Hi ,MT Thanks, I have recieved your email with attach. Your service is very good! You must be successful! qi_w_d 2005.2.9
in my expert Ive pasted the OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,3,0,Ask+TakeProfit*Points,"macd sample",16384,0,Red); i get "symbol name for Ordersend function is to be a string any ideas
It would be nice to be able to manually change order comments after the order is already entered. If this is already possible, please ignore. -T
sorry for possible inconveniences
I love the addition of the full screen view, the only thing that would help if you could save tool bar settings in full screen mode so you dont have to add line studies, charts toolbar etc each time manually. Also love the new chart shift, very nice :)
I use float indicator in MetaTrader 3 (indicator is here http://www.moneytec.com/forums/show...highlight=float ) . I download MetaTrader 4 and I want add this indicator, what I must to do
Hello friends, WHere I can find the complete DDE list of commands? I know there are some information like BID, ASK, LAST, CONNECT, BALANCE, etc. But I don't know if somebody has the complete list of indicators RSI, ADX, MACD, Bollinger Bands, etc. Thanks so much Dario
I'm writing on behalf of the Yahoo MetaTrader Expert & Custom Indicator group. We currently serve 1500+ growing international members and also host an extensive collection of MT Indicators and Experts for MT version 3 and 4. During the last few weeks, we notice that the discussion topics in our...
MetaTrader 4. Build 153. What's new: 1. Updated Dictionary in MetaEditor IDE. 2. Added Dictionary serch tab in MetaEditor IDE. 3. Added file commands processing in Navigator window of MetaEditor IDE. 4. By files search in MetaEditor IDE the search string automatically filled by selected text...
congratulations its a great improvement i even have a talking indicator for those lonley trade nights what is the code to place levels automatically into the seperate windows please
It may be too late for this suggestion, but it would be nice if MQL4 provided specified functions that if a programmer defined, would be called by MT4 on certain events. Instead of the Start() function that only responds to ticks (ie, a tick event triggers a call to Start()) and then requires the...
  Server Down?  (1)
Did anyone who is using Metatrader 4 have a connection problem yesterday? I was in a profitable deal and couldn't close my position - very frustrating.
Hi MT, Sorry to hassel but just a quick question as to how far away the MT4 strategy tester is from completion? Must be close now :) Thanks
It would be handy to have the ability to "look inside" a bar quickly using the context menu . In other words, if I were looking at a 4H chart I could click on a bar that would bring up a 1H chart of only that bar I clicked on; and clicking on a bar on a Daily chart would bring up a 4H or 1H chart of
It says in the Knowledge Base that the DDE items below are available : — request ACCOUNT: =MT|STATUS!ACCOUNT — request BALANCE: =MT|STATUS!BALANCE — request CONNECT: =MT|STATUS!CONNECT They don't seem to work though. Is it normal or is it just me ?
Firstly thank you very much for answering my question about error codes ("Error Numbers"). Subsequently I have been receiving many 130 and 138 errors and have not found a good explanation of the process (step by step) execution process of the SendOrder() command. Thus I have a few additional...
I know this is probably a minor thing but would really free up desktop space at time if you were able to lower the trading platform into the system tray. Or have a check box that give the option of where you want it to lower to. I know I know small thing and unimportant. Smoothice
  Aroon Horn.  (1)
Hi, Slawa. ref Aroon Horn indicator. That would be easy for you to make. Are yu intended to?
Hi guys, I want to get the retracements values for a fibonacci retracement object. let's say the chart shows a downtrend, with higher high at bar 5, and lower low at bar 0. I coded an expert with the following code: ---- ObjectCreate("fibo",OBJ_FIBO,0,Time[5],High[5],Time[0]...
  MQL4 Question  (1)
The code below is supposed to indicate a MA Cross but it does not. Maybe I am wrong. macurrent=iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); macurrentslow=iMA(NULL,0,10,0,MODE_LWMA,PRICE_CLOSE,0); if (MathAbs(macurrentslow-macurrent)==0) {Comment("CROSS............");}...
I'm afraid I don't have much information on this bug or able to produce it consistantly but if I have an expert loaded on a chart and then change the period of the chart, the "Period()" function sometimes returns the period of the previous chart, rather than the current chart. I've experienced this...
MetaTrader 4. Build 152. 1. Added investor password for an entrance on account without trading. Unfortunately, the accounts list in "Navigator" window will be lost. Accounts are not deleted on the server side and they can be added again to the accounts list of "Navigator" window, using logins and...
greetings..... is it possible to have an advisor make sounds without using the alert (or at least without the popup alert window)? thanks jimf
Hello everyone, I just wanted to announce that I made a folder for FXFisherman members to save the bandwidth for scorpion. I suggest to use it for any screenshots, avatars, profile pictures, mql, exp files you have (sorry txt or html won't work). Basically anythuing you can think about. I have a...
  DMI indicator  (1)
Has MT4 the Directional Movement indicator ? regards, Pepo
Thank you very much for Jurgen, Chang Kong and Mazhit to help me solve connection problem. I download mt4 and install it again, so it can be connected well. Hi, Jurgen and Chang Kong Keep in touch and Happy everyday and everytime. Good luck in trading
Hi Mazhit, Thank you for your kind attention. I read your suggestion. I have tried many diffrent ways to connect internet(ADSL, Phone Dial and Ethernet), however, metatrader 4 cannot be connected UP TO NOW. I don't know why??? I have no firewall and other limitations. Furthermore, metatrader4 can...
The security hole in MetaTrader 4 is nothing but its new MQ4 Expert Language. The new language allows external API calls to any MQ4 and DLL files, which introduce many posibilties on expert developments: close-source expert, for example, since some developers don't want to expose their creations to
  Error Numbers  (1)
Hello, Sometime in MT4 I receive error numbers 130 and 138 when I've tried to use SendOrder(...). Are these listed somewhere? I suspect one is returned when a requote is issued. I would be interested in some sample code on how to deal with requotes if anybody has a link handy. Also a bug . . . when
Can I code my custom indicator to apply preset 'levels' to the seperate window when the indicator is applied to the chart? For instance in the indicator properties dialog, I can pre-define the 'Input parameters' and 'color'. How can I code and pre-define the 'levels'. tia