Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 313

Hello, I'm new to trading, but with years of experience in programming. However, I can't understand some messages I get in journal. I got the code for the new bar from https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/159 Here's the code I'm testing, a simple EMA crossing script: #include <Trade\Trade.mqh>#define...
Hello everyone! In my EA i am plotting some objects on the chart to help me keep track of the decision making of the algorithm. In the strategy tester they show up just fine. Unfortunately the strategy tester is a bit limited when it comes to the possibility to analyze the results chart. For example...
  closing price  (3)
I want to show the closing price of the previous bar when it comes to the new bar And I'm using this code to do this, but it's a mistake void OnTick()  {double Open[];int count;   // number of elements to copyArraySetAsSeries(Open,true);CopyOpen(_Symbol,_Period,0,count,Open);...
Hi, I am testing an EA on 28 Pairs and my PC is new High End PC with 12 Core CPU and M.2 SSD up to 3GB Read Speed and 2 GB Write Speed, but I must wait many hours each time to finish the test, is there any way to make the process faster?   Best regards
Hi, I am trying to add a custom symbol, where I get data from REST API and feed them into the symbol. All is going ok except tick timestamp. look at the following code(bt is MqlTick that contains data from the REST API server):       tick[0].time=(datetime)bt.timestamp;       tick[0].time_msc=bt...
I am not sure what's going on at all and could use help. I am building an EA based off a custom indicator. I know the indicator is getting called properly now because it's displaying on the chart. However, I am getting no values. Here's the code I'm using: double stuff = iCustom(NULL,0,"MyIndicator"...
Hello traders and coders.I have been learning as much as i can as fast as i can. I know that anything and everything is possible. I am in a position now where i am financially struggling and really am trying to make some money quickly so that i am able to look after myself and my loved ones. I will...
Dear all, I would like to know how can I tell my EA to close the trade on (or after) MA crossover? So, when I have a buy order and 10EMA crosses below 20EMA I close the order. The problem here is that a lot of times the Fast EMA crosses below Slow EMA for just a second and then continues up. This...
Hi everyone, I have a problem with my mt4 EA. Basically it's designed to trade within a time window set by the user at startup (extern). extern datetime StartTime;          extern datetime EndTime;          bool IsTradingTime = false;//-----------------------------------if (TimeLocal() >= StartTime...
  ea pending order  (6)
hi, im editing an ea base on pending order buy stop and sell stop can someone pls help me with the error occurred which i cant identified. im not so good in coding. principles of this ea: 1) place buy and sell stop simultaneously for every minute 2) i can set TP and Sl manually i really appreaciate...
Hello, I have a problem with EA's. On demo account everyone are working fine - strategy tester and EA's live on charts, but on real account it doesn't trade on strategy tester and live. Anybody know what is the reason of that? I'm using this same configurations on both accounts. I tested that on...
Hallo, there are some things I do not understand on spreads. I'll put some things I've noticed with personal considerations, please feel free to correct or confirm them. Thank you. I'm considering the BTCUSD market with BTC between 10100 and 10300. With one broker I have around 80/100$ of spread...
Hi, I'm having a problem I don't know how to solve: I have defined a public function into a class; this is the declaration: TOM_ORDER_L* TOM_ExtraOps::get_ORDER_LVL_Pressed(double arg1, TOM_ORDER* order_dada); The implementation header is exactly the same, but I'm having that error message:...
  Help for my EA  (4)
Hello everyone, I am an Italian newbie, I have created a simple EA based on crossing of moving averages and I work with 3 pairs of currencies. I would need to terminate EA when the total closed orders reach $ 5 profit but for every single pair, with magic number. Can someone help me
Hello, how can I do the backtesting of a binary option EA on mt4?
Hello, I am looking for an EA Kijun Sen Trailing Stop for Metatrader 5. For MT4 i already found one on the internet and i love it. But i need to use MT5 soon and can't find anything similar for this platform now. Can anybody help? I'd program one myself but don't know how to even start learning....
[Deleted]
Hi,I'm trying to get the highest value from array but i'm receiving -1 when using ArrayMaximum CopyHigh it's filling the array correctly You can see the values of the array and the code : Any opinion why i'm getting this error ?  Thanks for the attention !
Hi, I can't figure how to Add() those CGraphic , CHistogramChart objects to an AppDialog ... :/ Could someone give me a clue, a direction please ? Thanks
Hi all, I want to use Fibonacci retracement in MQL4 EA. Please help.
Hi, I would like to embed some custom indicators in an expert advisor, that means, compile the EA and indicators code altogether. I've already seen some EAs with this functionality, by which it's possible to add custom indicators to charts depending on the settings and those are also shown at the...
  Extending MqlTick  (19   1 2)
Hello, I need to extend MqlTick struct to include additional info such as symbol and AccountPlatform. How can it be done?
Good day everyone. I trust that your year is going on fine. Please anyone with FREE FOREX COPIER SOFTWARE? Please I need the software to trade several accounts as I manage more than one account. Please anyone with this software, should please let me know. Thank you.
Just wrote a small POC that is constantly leaking memory. Anyone sees any problems with the code or is it the terminal that is leaking? const string method = "POST";const string url = "http://localhost/mt5bridge";const string headers = "content-Type: application/json\r\n";int...
hello i'm french i use google translator. :) I am looking for a buy stop or sell stop script? example I want to put buy stop every 5 pips example gpb / jpy buy stop from 154.50 to 156.00 Do you have that? thank you
  OBJ_EDIT focus  (26   1 2 3)
Hello, I have two similar questions related to OBJ_EDIT: 1) Can I find out if the object (OBJ_EDIT) has focus (the cursor blinks inside the box) in MQL? 2) Can I set focus to an object (OBJ_EDIT) in MQL?
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                                                  |//+------------------------------------------------------------------+class CAbaco  {public:   int               m_int;                     CAbaco()...
Example: EURUSD price : 1.22375 it40cash price: 23638 these numbers are both double, but the first has a decimal part, the second not. Is there a way to verify if a number have a decimal part? Thank's Piero
Hello, I trade with the tengri-EA (Gridsystem), but I do not understand why the EA close sometimes a few trades at the same times before, the trades are profitable (see sreenshot). For the EA is this TP-achieving, but the trades from sreennshot were not in profit. I have attache the...
Hi, I try to increase my variable secondCounter in every second, does my code here work? And both of these function still won't work in Strategy Tester, am I right? int secondCounter = 0;int OnInit(){   EventSetTimer(1);   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);}void OnTimer(){   secondCounter++;} Thanks.
  mt editor sl tp problems  (24   1 2 3)
ive figured out how to add indicators to mt editor but I cant figure out how to set sl etc also I cant set the TP and its well up there is there something I need to down load to do all of this any help please ? :/