MT4 - Order Window Help/Doesn't Open

Hey

The issue Im having, the "New Order" window wont open for me. When I click on the "new order" button, nothing happens.

Here are the things I have tried:

Contacted my broker to have my password reset, thought maybe it had to do with the Investor Password

One Click trading works

The fast key f9 does nothing

Im unable to right click in the "Market watch" menu - nothing happens.

The Journal says nothing, when I click the "New order"

I have tried re-installing Mt4

If any other suggestions can be made that would be awesome. 

Richard Caughell:

Hey

The issue Im having, the "New Order" window wont open for me. When I click on the "new order" button, nothing happens.

Here are the things I have tried:

Contacted my broker to have my password reset, thought maybe it had to do with the Investor Password

One Click trading works

The fast key f9 does nothing

Im unable to right click in the "Market watch" menu - nothing happens.

The Journal says nothing, when I click the "New order"

I have tried re-installing Mt4

If any other suggestions can be made that would be awesome. 

Seems now also on my iPhone version of MT4 I'm unable to modify my orders!

Richard Caughell: Seems now also on my iPhone version of MT4 I'm unable to modify my orders!

Either you are not connected to the broker, or your account has been changed in order to prevent trading.

Some brokers, may be blocking trading on major pairs involving the USD because of fears of huge volatility due to the up-coming elections.

Your broker is probably a Market Maker (instead of providing direct liquidity) and is in fear of huge losses that it will not be able to cover.

hello, I am having exact same issue... have tried also uninstall/re-install of MT5.

Did you finally find a solution you can share?

jankrafka:

hello, I am having exact same issue... have tried also uninstall/re-install of MT5.

Did you finally find a solution you can share?

This is the MT4 section.

If you are connected, you must have logged in using the investor password.