Best way to monitor EA execution remotely

hi

before giving my EAs to somebody else, i want to be able to block the use of the EA remotely.

what is the best way to do so? it would be best if the user would not have to enter the url in the preferences to allow access to the remote.

i don't know anything in PHP but i'm willing to learn if needed.

The idea i had is to have a text file with account number on one line, and a kind of password on the other. That file would be downloaded by the EA and checked to see if it has authorisation, but it's not the most secure/best way to do that i'm sure.

thanks for help

Jeff 

If it is about the Market so the buyer can use EA according to the number of the activations which are linked to the PC and OS:

Rules of Using the Market Service -

12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

So, 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

For example, if I buy your EA via the market with 1 activation so I can use it on one my PC only with my OS (Windows XP for example) only. And I can not use EA on the other computer, and I can not use EA  with same computer with different OS. So, this is the protection: even if someone can get your EA remotedly (from you or from the buyer) so he/she can not use it: he/she have to buy this EA with the activation fro the market (from you for example).

---------------

If you question is related to the coding/programming so sorry (I can not help) ...

Sergey Golubev:

If it is about the Market so the buyer can use EA according to the number of the activations which are linked to the PC and OS:

Rules of Using the Market Service -

12. The fact of creation of a secure version of the Product for the Buyer's equipment configuration is called Activation.
13. The number of free Product Activations available to the Buyer on another PC after purchasing the Product is defined by the Seller. The minimum number of such Activations is 4.
14. The Buyer purchases the right to activate a Product as many times as specified by the Seller at the moment of purchasing or renting this Product. For example, if a Product allows 20 activations at the moment of its purchase, the Buyers can install it on 20 different hardware configurations even if the Seller will decrease this number afterwards.

So, 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System, for example - with Windows 8.1).

For example, if I buy your EA via the market with 1 activation so I can use it on one my PC only with my OS (Windows XP for example) only. And I can not use EA on the other computer, and I can not use EA  with same computer with different OS. So, this is the protection: even if someone can get your EA remotedly (from you or from the buyer) so he/she can not use it: he/she have to buy this EA with the activation fro the market (from you for example).

---------------

If you question is related to the coding/programming so sorry (I can not help) ...

thank you for this answer but i was talking about a situation where for example someone you sent your EA to, starts using the EA to make money in a way you despise, of you just want a protection for the use of your EA, i want to be able to  disable the use of the EA myself, if there is the need to.

i don't think Market allows that? so back to the beginning, how can i do that (i would create a Remote App, maybe in C# that would allow or disallow the use of each EA i lent to someone).

Jeff 

ionone:

what is the best way to do so? it would be best if the user would not have to enter the url in the preferences to allow access to the remote.

ionone:

i don't think Market allows that? so back to the beginning, how can i do that (i would create a Remote App, maybe in C# that would allow or disallow the use of each EA i lent to someone).

From the quotes above it's not clear if you're going to create and distribute an external client-side program which will connect to your server and download a license file into MT folder that is without using built-in WebRequest in your EA?

Surely you can do this. 

Stanislav Korotky:

From the quotes above it's not clear if you're going to create and distribute an external client-side program which will connect to your server and download a license file into MT folder that is without using built-in WebRequest in your EA?

Surely you can do this. 

no i was talking about a small interface to handle authorisations for each EA i lent, something quite simple with detail about to whom i've lent it to, and a buttton to allow/dissallow each EA

i'm more concerned about the MT4 side. is there a way to receive datas from a website without downloading a file (i think that's not the most secure way to do it)

thanks 

Jeff 

ionone:

no i was talking about a small interface to handle authorisations for each EA i lent, something quite simple with detail about to whom i've lent it to, and a buttton to allow/dissallow each EA

i'm more concerned about the MT4 side. is there a way to receive datas from a website without downloading a file (i think that's not the most secure way to do it)

thanks 

Jeff 

if you make a call to a server

Bernhard Schweigert:
if you make a call to a server

thanks

can you please explain in detail how to do so?

that would ba amazing

thanks

Jeff 

ionone:

I'm afraid if you're bound solely to MT4 built-in facilities, then you should either use WebRequest to read from your server current status of specific EA copy, OR you may try to work other way round - use SendFTP function to send a file with a kind of notification which EA is running (you can call it periodically) and on the server side you should deny ftp upload if EA with specified credentials should be blocked. Then SendFTP function will return false in MT4 and you can block EA. Please note, that FTP function does only work if FTP settings are provided properly.

SendFTP - Common Functions - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Stanislav Korotky:

I'm afraid if you're bound solely to MT4 built-in facilities, then you should either use WebRequest to read from your server current status of specific EA copy, OR you may try to work other way round - use SendFTP function to send a file with a kind of notification which EA is running (you can call it periodically) and on the server side you should deny ftp upload if EA with specified credentials should be blocked. Then SendFTP function will return false in MT4 and you can block EA. Please note, that FTP function does only work if FTP settings are provided properly.

thank you so much! A++ !!