Reading Trading Books with You - page 2

" When you buy a stock keep in the forefront of  your  mind, not  the  great  killing  you  are  going  to make, but  the possibility  that your  stock  could drop 50 percent in value very quickly.  Never ever let this happen to you. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 57.

"  Set a stop-loss, even if  only  a mental  one, such that you  sell  out my  stock  that  has dropped  20  percent below  its  highest price. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 57.

"  There's no sure thing in the market-that  is why you  must always have a stop-loss. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 58.

" Ability to sit and wait for the right opportunity to arrive is a necessary requirement for success. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 58.

" In a  bear  market  diversification provides  no protection  whatsoever - practically  all  stocks with  few exceptions will  decline. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 76.

"I have usually found that the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 76.

" Failure to sell a falling stock is one of the main reasons for poor investment results. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 78

" Never  give back more than  20   percent of  your profit. "__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 90.

"  I had made my own fair share of  mistakes, but  I had  learned  from  my errors  and  turned  them  to my advantage."__ Nicolas Darvas,You Can Still Make it in The Market, Page 91.

" The Markets are simply human emotion reflected in dollars" __ Nicolas Darvas, An Interview with Nicolas Darvas,page 6.