How to use averaging down systems

Very many of the current EA systems on the market today use Martingale ,averaging down or grid systems. These can show spectacular profits while the market is quiet. However if the market gets into an extended trend it may trigger enough losing trades to wipe out your account. I have been trying something different to stop this happening. You may have to do this manually as I haven't seen it in an EA system. So for instance}-

trade 1 = 1 unit 

trade 2 = 2 units

trade 3 = reversed direction 3 units 

This coupled with a stop and a take profit should stop it getting way out of control. 

Pat Butler:

Very many of the current EA systems on the market today use Martingale ,averaging down or grid systems. These can show spectacular profits while the market is quiet. However if the market gets into an extended trend it may trigger enough losing trades to wipe out your account. I have been trying something different to stop this happening. You may have to do this manually as I haven't seen it in an EA system. So for instance}-

trade 1 = 1 unit 

trade 2 = 2 units

trade 3 = reversed direction 3 units 

This coupled with a stop and a take profit should stop it getting way out of control. 

It does not stop it to get out of control.

There is no guarantee that reversal will happen in the trade 3 !.

This means that you could have a sudden drop in the account in case if stop loss is hit.

What will happen if this case happened 2, 3, or 4 times !!!. 

Osama Shaban:

There is no guarantee that reversal will happen in the trade 3 !.

This means that you could have a sudden drop in the account in case if stop loss is hit.

What will happen if this case happened 2, 3, or 4 times !!!. 

Well if you have a better idea I would be interested to hear it.

I tried many hedging strategies, the best hedging + averaging strategy I found was the one that uses no stop loss.