why most traders not shifted to MT5 yet?

• 8% (3)
  • 24% (9)
  • 0% (0)
  • 49% (18)
  • 3% (1)
  • 3% (1)
  • 14% (5)
Total voters: 37

I had terrible experience wth MT5 a few years ago, I decided not to use it.

The boring experience is that MT5 sends multiple entries for one OrderSend execution.

Some posts here for your reference. I don't know whether the issure solved or not.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9995

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23358

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/16492

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/14327

Dear MQL5 : Please do keep the support for MT4, please consider number of people that has spent their money in buying MT4 products (expert, indicator, script), I believed the number will not less than those who bought product in MT5 (I believed even greater)

Especially because I can not learn it as the MQL4 (I'm a bit silly).

Great articcle
I have polled - MT5 is not available in most brokers

In addition, I am not trusting the new versions in forex (risk of my money) any mistake in the future, who will correct it while live time???
This is money, not a toy

the most important : it does not have hedge at first , it have it now ( for 2 month ) . at first the broker's must support it with new version with hedge possibility, then it take time.

i prefer mt5. it is better than mt4. as i am programmer.

but the most trader can not use and coding. so they need more published ea, indicator, script,

so............

metatrader 5 must have more powerful thing, option, in graphic, or......

i think must be at least 50% more user friendly than as it have

Mehrdad Shiri:

the most important : it does not have hedge at first , it have it now ( for 2 month ) . first broker must support it, then it take time.

but the most trader can not use and coding. so they need more published ea, indicator, script,

so............

i think must be at least 50% more user freindly than this is.

I suggest the name should not be MT5 or MT4 
The mt5 is not same of mt4 and no need for the version number
Just deffirent names would be much lovely for marketing
Such as microsoft systems (Visual basic - visual basic .net)

Mehrdad Shiri:

the most important : it does not have hedge at first , it have it now ( for 2 month ) . at first the broker's must support it with new version with hedge possibility, then it take time.

so............

i think must be at least 50% more user friendly than as it have

Programmers have their own opinion or point-of-view rather than End-Users
Actually i have no experience in mt5 but i beleive it would be better
If i can vote then i may select the 2nd option 22% MT5 is not available in most bro...

I believe that MT5 will never get the success that MT4 got. It is the same comparison between Windows XP and 7 with Vista.

Mt4 has got its popularity  by it's friendly use, wide alternatives of EAs, indicators and scripts and also the programming language

difference and the MT5 complexity. 

I will never shift to MT5. If one day, MT4 is stopped (same like MT3), then I will change to manual trading.

Osama Shaban:

I believe that MT5 will never get the success that MT4 got. It is the same comparison between Windows XP and 7 with Vista.

Mt4 has got its popularity  by it's friendly use, wide alternatives of EAs, indicators and scripts and also the programming language

difference and the MT5 complexity. 

I will never shift to MT5. If one day, MT4 is stopped (same like MT3), then I will change to manual trading.

wonder!

I think that the MT5 and MT4 are very very powerful products, but really miss some 3 important features 

in comparison with some free or commercial tools I found the same limitation in MT4 and MT5.

1) POOR EXPAND AND RESIZING IN THE GRAPHICS 

If you try to zoom or resize a graphic, you are in troubles 

try to expand or contract in the horizontal the graphic , you cannot get a better visualization..

for example: In a few minutes using the investing.com website , and accessing the free java tool for traders
http://investing.com/commodities/crude-oil

if you click the petroil graphic you will access the "graphic in streaming mode" and you will see a very flexible chart...
now try to scroll your mouse using the scroll button and see the graphic expanding and contracting without distortion
and with minimal steps (against big steps like in MT4 and MT5)...
you can distort the graphic in vertical more easy in investing.com tool
but in mt4 and mt5 you cannot do this.

2) THE LAKE OF COPY AND PAST IN THE GRAPHICS

if you produce a object in another window and want  to copy to your actual windows, this is not possible

because copy and paste doesn't exist

3) CANNOT CHANGE THE ORDER OF THE INDICATOR IN THE GRAPHICS

after put a fews INDICATORS on the chart, you CANNOT  change the ORDER, 

for example, if you put IN THE BOTTOM

INDICATOR 1

INDICATOR 2

INDICATOR 3

and you discover that will be better to change the order, you canno't change it anymore...

there is no UP and DOWN feature in the chart objects .