Strategy tester deletes FXT files in Windows 10

Hi,

I've used Metatrader4 strategy tester on Windows 7 reliably in the past with TickStory historical data. I'm using the same test method on Windows 10, but when I start up the strategy tester the file that was gigabytes in size immediately gets overwritten to 0bytes while I watch.

The strategy tester then ends with an error explaining that there is no data available for the date range designated.

I've had to go back to my older/slower computer with windows 7 in order to do something that I know should be supported. I've used the latest metatrader build on both OSes and they both behave differently.

Has anyone else had an issue with this?

revival_fx:

Hi,

I've used Metatrader4 strategy tester on Windows 7 reliably in the past with TickStory historical data. I'm using the same test method on Windows 10, but when I start up the strategy tester the file that was gigabytes in size immediately gets overwritten to 0bytes while I watch.

The strategy tester then ends with an error explaining that there is no data available for the date range designated.

I've had to go back to my older/slower computer with windows 7 in order to do something that I know should be supported. I've used the latest metatrader build on both OSes and they both behave differently.

I don't have the problem, the W10 and a tampered FXT file work for me (though I do not have tickstory).

revival_fx:

Hi,

That's why you have to mark those files as read-only!!