Question to all developers.

Hi,

This is a question to all developers of mql5, when you guys make an EA for someone and it's rentable, you guys use it? This is something a lot of people have in mind, because I'm sure you guys test the EA you make for someone and then use it too. Is that true?

Waiting answers! 

Francisco Alvarez:

Hi,

This is a question to all developers of mql5, when you guys make an EA for someone and it's rentable, you guys use it? This is something a lot of people have in mind, because I'm sure you guys test the EA you make for someone and then use it too. Is that true?

Waiting answers! 

"... because I'm sure you guys test the EA you make for someone and then use it too. Is that true?"

Since you know they use it already, why are you wasting their time asking a question whose answer you have persuaded yourself that you know.

Francisco Alvarez:

Hi,

Waiting answers! 

I never used my customer's EA, whatever the agreement.

But unless stated otherwise in the agreement nothing is preventing a coder to use an EA for his personal usage.

Francisco Alvarez:

Hi,

Waiting answers! 

Paranoia? All suspect?

I've only ever used a customer's EA for live trading once, but that was on agreement with the customer. An honest developer will always work WITH the client, not against them. But as Alain said above, there is nothing stopping a developer from using it, they wrote the code.

Francisco Alvarez:

Hi,

Waiting answers! 

Car Maker never wins but Driver 

Francisco Alvarez:

Hi,

Waiting answers! 

Hi Francisco, good point.

In my opinion, as relevant as the EA is the setup and optimization process.

Even if the developer uses the customer EA (whether legally or not), it will still have to find the ideal setup for the current market scenario.

This way, I believe that few developers will devote their time to this practice.

Anyway, and it seems to me that this is a more relevant question, there is no limit to the assimilation of trading ideas and concepts of the customer by the developer.

And, in one way or another, there is always a risk of dissemination of original ideas for himself or other customers, even if unintentionally.