Tick Data Quality and Huge Differences

Hellow guys

I notice some huge differences in the test tick data in different terminals  for example in Meta Quotes(ATC 2012 Account) and Alpari Demo Server.

In Alpari Terminal i have lot more ticks over 1,8 million for the last month and in Meta Quotes over 800 000 in the same period.

Both shows 100% Quality of the data!

I'm optimizing my EA for the championship 2012 it makes good results, but testing on Alpari Platform

all the indicators and volumes rates have totaly different values , so the results are very bad :) there are huge differences in the data!

So my question is, wich tick data is better, should i test and optimize in Alpari , is it neart to the reality ? Optimize in Alpari, use in Meta Quotes !?!?!

In generela i find very bad wenn we test and optimize an EA in a platform where the Data has nothing with the reality!

Has anyone some info about this problem ?

FxAndroid:

Hellow guys

I notice some huge differences in the test tick data in different terminals  for example in Meta Quotes(ATC 2012 Account) and Alpari Demo Server.

In Alpari Terminal i have lot more ticks over 1,8 million for the last month and in Meta Quotes over 800 000 in the same period.

Both shows 100% Quality of the data!

I'm optimizing my EA for the championship 2012 it makes good results, but testing on Alpari Platform

all the indicators and volumes rates have totaly different values , so the results are very bad :) there are huge differences in the data!

So my question is, wich tick data is better, should i test and optimize in Alpari , is it neart to the reality ? Optimize in Alpari, use in Meta Quotes !?!?!

In generela i find very bad wenn we test and optimize an EA in a platform where the Data has nothing with the reality!

Has anyone some info about this problem ?

Hi FxAndroid,

1. Reality is : forex is interbank - over-the-counter - no-centralized market, which means different brokers may offer different quotes at the same time and in the end we end up having different amount of ticks.  

2. If you going to compete for ATC 2012, then use MetaQuotes server. 

3. Do the best you can with the EA so it can handle various broker with various condition.

4. Good luck.

:D 

onewithzachy:

Hi FxAndroid,

1. Reality is : forex is interbank - over-the-counter - no-centralized market, which means different brokers may offer different quotes at the same time and in the end we end up having different amount of ticks.  

2. If you going to compete for ATC 2012, then use MetaQuotes server. 

3. Do the best you can with the EA so it can handle various broker with various condition.

4. Good luck.

:D 

Thank you.

I will optimize and use the Meta Quotes Data. For other Broker will run some small optimisations agai.