How to show rectangle in all timeframes

Strange problem but I noticed someone in a webinar using the rectangle on one time frame then switching to a lower timeframe and the rectangle still appeared. I can't do that on my MT4. Any idea?

Thanks.

Steve. 

didjerdu:

Strange problem but I noticed someone in a webinar using the rectangle on one time frame then switching to a lower timeframe and the rectangle still appeared. I can't do that on my MT4. Any idea?

Thanks.

Steve. 

Steve,
Draw a rectangle on your chart (from the main menu select "Insert | Shapes | Rectangle" and draw a rectangle anywhere on your chart).
Next you need to access the rectangle's properties - you can do this either of two ways - double-left-click on any one of the corners of the rectangle or the dead-centre of the rectangle and a small box will be added to each corner of the rectangle to indicate it has the focus.  Then right-click on one of these small boxes to bring up another menu and select Rectangle Properties from the top of the menu.
Alternatively you can go to the main menu and select "Charts | Objects | Object list",  select the entry for your rectangle and click the "Edit" button.
Either way, the Rectangle dialogue box will then appear.  It has three tabs: Common, Parameters & Visualization.
The Common tab allows you to change the name & description of the rectangle, its colour, line-style & thickness - deselecting "Draw object as background" will draw your rectangle as an unfilled outline.
The Parameters tab allow you to define the four corners of your rectangle (you can use the mouse to do this too).
The Visualization tab is the one you are after - it allows you to set which timeframes the rectangle will be drawn in.
When finished editing, if any of the small corner boxes are still showing, double-left-click on any one of them to deselect your rectangle.

HTH,
John